Dacia Sandero Stepway - problems - bobbly

Hello all, I would like to mention a few problems I have with my 10 month old Ambiance 1.5 dci.

1st thing was the lack of a temp gauge, I was so used to checking it out for turning the heating system on, and how the engine is doing on a hot summer day.

The first month the car pulled to the left when breaking.

Then the front suspension knocks when coming OFF a speed bump as the springs de-compress.

The next thing is rain water accumulates in the bottom of the doors, due to the poorly designed bottom window seal, it consists of a felt type strip a fraction below the door, water runs straight through into the door, and now it has collected grit so as the window opens it scapes and scratches as it goes down. It should be a rubber type wiper as most other vehicles.

What were they thinking? It even looks more expensive than the rubber type.

But the engine is good.

Dacia Sandero Stepway - problems - daveyK_UK

Lots of cars dont have temprature gauges, did you not check before you purchased it?

Dacia Sandero Stepway - problems - bathtub tom

>> rain water accumulates in the bottom of the doors, due to the poorly designed bottom window seal, it consists of a felt type strip

Have you looked at other modern cars? Drop down windows aren't designed to be sealed to the frame. Water is intended to fall inside the door and exit through the drain holes at the bottom.

Dacia Sandero Stepway - problems - Avant

I don't think that the temperature gauges fitted in most cars are exactly precision instruments.

They're fitted because customers say they want them, but they're not really giving very much more information than the warning lights that some makers use (blue for cold engine, red for overheating, no news is good news).

Dacia Sandero Stepway - problems - corax

I don't think that the temperature gauges fitted in most cars are exactly precision instruments.

They're fitted because customers say they want them, but they're not really giving very much more information than the warning lights that some makers use (blue for cold engine, red for overheating, no news is good news).

I'd still rather have one, so that I have some idea of the water temperature. Usually, when the overheating light comes on it's too late, especially modern engines with their tiny coolant capacities.

I've driven cars without a gauge and felt blind without one, like forgetting ones watch.

Edited by corax on 20/01/2015 at 07:53

Dacia Sandero Stepway - problems - bathtub tom

I read somewhere that modern temperature gauges have three positions, cold - normal - hot and are not reading the true temperature.

My current car's got a blue, red and no light. Effectively the same.

Dacia Sandero Stepway - problems - oldtoffee

I've had 4 VW group cars and all have the temp gauge settle once warm in a perfect vertical at 90 degrees C regardless of conditions, speed anything. Not sure how accurate it is but it looks good!

Dacia Sandero Stepway - problems - madf

I had lots of old cars with temp guages. When things went wrong, they showed the engine overheating,..but that was AFTER the steam was issuing from the bonnet.

And very few people watch instruments regualry when driving on motorways for example. I prefer warning lights...(often with sounds as well).

Must be my age and decrepitude:-)