Mercedes Benz. E class estate 2010. with Panoramic - Droopy roof lining - sungoose

The roof lining on my E class estate has started to come down. The car was new in September 2010. The car was covered by the Mercedes used car warranty when the problem began and Mercedes have offered to meet 49% of the cost of supply and fit a replacement roof lining. The retail price of this work is £1550.

Mercedes regard the roof lining as trim which is excluded from the used car warranty, so the 49% is a goodwill gesture.

Even the 49% cost seems very expensive and Mercedes only replace, they do not repair.

Are there any other known instances of roof lining problems and are there firms which are likely to be able to tackle this work? Two local body shops have declined the work.

There are no signs of damp or stains on the roof lining so it appears to be a case of adhesive poorly or insufficiently applied at time of manufacture.

Mercedes Benz. E class estate 2010. with Panoramic - Droopy roof lining - elekie&a/c doctor

Last time I saw a sagging headlining was on a 1970s BL Marina.I would not expect to see it on a 4 year old Merc. I would think that the attachment process was faulty from new and MB should make a much better offer.There may be local trimmers that could carry out a repair,but looks like even this may be expensive.