VW Golf GTI Mk5 2008 - Bad body shop repair - VW Approved Warranty work - LouCyffer

My car was recently repaired by a VW approved body shop; a small bubble on OSR wheel arch rim had appeared. My independent shop assessed this at £285.

On collecting my car, I found widespread scratches from careless washing (despite a card in the car forbidding washing it), paint of the wrong colour, ridges in the lacquer, 6" scratches on the newly painted panel, abrasion damage on the roof, chips down to primer on roof, overspray to window, polishing compound ingrained in window surround & roof aerial.

My local bodyshop now quotes £945 to rectify all. VW want to send the car back to their body shop to rectify this horror show, but I have no faith in their quality control or standard of work. I'd prefer to get my body shop to do the work & seek redress from the VW approved one. Is this reasonable? Or am I compelled to submit my pride and joy to this dubious shop again?

Photos of damage are on: www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92759.m...3

VW Golf GTI Mk5 2008 - Bad body shop repair - VW Approved Warranty work - skidpan

Afraid only manufacturers can carry out warranty repairs at an approved workshop.

Your only chance of using a different bodyshop is to negotaite with VW to allow you to take to car to a different approved one for correction at their expense. Don't think there is any chance of that.

If you want to get the work done elsewhere you would have to submit a claim for your costs to the original bodyshop. Doubt you would win.

VW Golf GTI Mk5 2008 - Bad body shop repair - VW Approved Warranty work - LouCyffer

Thanks for the reply. When you say that you'd doubt that I'd win, what makes you say that?

VW Golf GTI Mk5 2008 - Bad body shop repair - VW Approved Warranty work - skidpan

Thanks for the reply. When you say that you'd doubt that I'd win, what makes you say that?

VW have already agreed to look at the repair again. It would be your decision to take it elsewhere without giving them the oportunity to correct it. If they had refused and you could prove the work was substandard (independant report) you would be in a better position to win any claim.