Unknown car registered for our address - mikem004
We received a V5C (log book) through the post a couple of days ago. But we have not bought or sold a car for several years.
We do not know the person who the V5C belongs to.

The last registered keeper was nearby, so we went round and asked. He was well dodgy, complete with pit bull terrier.
"I put the wrong address in", he said.

So we gave him the V5C and asked him to contact the buyer. The buyer is also nearby.

Yesterday, we got a DVLC letter saying that the car has no road tax, because a standing order failed. Apply for SORN etc.

I guess the next step is to contact DVLC and try to get it sorted. What a pain!
I am worried that speeding tickets, parking fines and other official documents will start coming our way.

Unknown car registered for our address - Galaxy

You should have sent the V5C straight back to the DVLC informing them it was nothing to do with you.

Now that someone has obviously registered this vehicle using your address you are likely to recieve all manner of things through the post..

Edited by Galaxy on 19/12/2014 at 09:26

Unknown car registered for our address - mikem004

Log book loans come to mind...

Let's hope it is just an honest mistake when filling in the address.

Unknown car registered for our address - bintang

It is probably worthwhile to check your credit record with Experian. I did this a while back and found a woman had been living with us whom my wife and I never encounteredd in our 40 years as residents. Luckily no problems emerged.

Unknown car registered for our address - alan1302

It is probably worthwhile to check your credit record with Experian. I did this a while back and found a woman had been living with us whom my wife and I never encounteredd in our 40 years as residents. Luckily no problems emerged.

So that's what you told your wide ;-) LOL