Mitsubishi Colt 2006 CZ2 Di-D Diesel AUTOMATIC - Clutch Actuator - Vinnie

Most days, the first start of the day there is a problem When pulling away it goes into gear OK but drives away with a big snatch. Stopping the engine and restarting usually clears this problem and can then pull away smoothly. Gear changes are dead smooth for the rest of the day.

Diagnostics says no fault codes. Milage 90,000 miles.

Anyone any ideas please ??

Thought I would replace the clutch actuator, I know, it is a £250 gamble.

Anyone know how to get to it and is it achieveable by a competent DIY'er please?

Does the ECU need remapping or any set up required by a Mutsubishi Garage please?

Any help would be most welcome.

Thank you, Vinnie.

Mitsubishi Colt 2006 CZ2 Di-D Diesel AUTOMATIC - Clutch Actuator - elekie&a/c doctor

Perhaps there is actually a problem with the clutch friction or pressure plate ,worn or sticking?

Mitsubishi Colt 2006 CZ2 Di-D Diesel AUTOMATIC - Clutch Actuator - Vinnie

Yes, I have wondered that as well especially with the milage.

I am at a bit of a loss really as to what to do. It can only be either clutch/mechanism or the actuator.

What makes me suspect the actuator is that stopping & restarting the engine clears the fault.

Also, on a bad day the first snatch should clear any 'stick-shion'/clutch dust and be OK then. I can do maybe 10 snatch starts, then restart the engine and it will pull away smoothly!! Frustrating.

Mitsubishi didn't have any ideas but quoted a clutch change at £830 (labour is 6 hours).

Actuator is £260.

Obviously no point changing actuator if it is a clutch problem but at the moment I am looking for any ideas or help.

Thanks for replying, Vinnie.

Mitsubishi Colt 2006 CZ2 Di-D Diesel AUTOMATIC - Clutch Actuator - Electricalfx

Hi Vinny I have exactly the same car and exactly the same problem did you ever get to the bottom of this and resolve the issue Darren

Mitsubishi Colt 2006 CZ2 Di-D Diesel AUTOMATIC - Clutch Actuator - Carl 1234

Me to, suddenly bites at about 2000rpm for 3/4 times then clears itself. 134000 miles. Don't want to fit a new clutch if it is a different part that's at fault.

Mitsubishi Colt 2006 CZ2 Di-D Diesel AUTOMATIC - Clutch Actuator - simon christie

Hi

Did you ever sort the problem? ??