peugeot 307 - clutch.....heeeeelllp - gvmllr001

hi all,ive got a peugeot 307..its a 1.4s petrol...2003...i went to the car this morning to go out somewere. when i started the car and pressed the clutch in it sort of done something and its now very soft when pressing it in. i can get the car in gear but the car wont move until the clutch is right up..im just wondering if the clutch has had its day. ive checked the brake/clutch resovoir and it full..i noticed that the clutch before hand was a little lower in hieght than the accellerator,but now its the same hieght..would i be needing a new clutch.or would the clutch need bleeding.im getting a bit sick of this car now so might have to sell as all im doing is ploughing money into it,which really i cant afford to..anyway any helpfull tips would be appreciated..thanks...

any ideas anyone

peugeot 307 - clutch.....heeeeelllp - galileo

Does the clutch slip if you accelerate hard in top gear from maximum torque revs? Any odd noises or juddering as you let the clutch pedal up?

peugeot 307 - clutch.....heeeeelllp - Gibbo_Wirral

What mileage is it on and any history of a replacement clutch?

peugeot 307 - clutch.....heeeeelllp - skidpan

If its gone as quick as that I would supect something in the mechanism and not the clutch itself. If the clutch is hydraulic (most are on current cars) it could be the slave or master cylinder.

thanks for the replys guys,very much appreciated..ive had a freind round who works on cars had a look at it. turns out it is the clutch thats gone on it.been qouted £47 for clutch kit and my freind will do it for £60 so im going to order it in the morning..fingers crossed everything will be ok when its done...once again many thanks...

the milage is a little over 120.000..there was no history of a replacement. all be it ive replaced the drop links,ball joints,water pump and cam belt..so that tells me the clutch probably hasnt been replaced.

peugeot 307 - clutch.....heeeeelllp - Quicksilver

a clutch at 120k miles is pretty good going!

Q.

peugeot 307 - clutch.....heeeeelllp - Gibbo_Wirral

Mine went at 115,000 on my first 307.

If you're getting "mates rates" on fitting, I'd recommend paying a bit more and going for a Valeo clutch. A few Pug owners have reported juddering problems with LUK clutches.