Peugeot 206 HDi GTi 110 – 111000 Miles - Anti-Pollution Fault - declfc

Last week I was driving home from work and my engine management light came on with the alarm “Anti-Pollution Fault” on the display screen. The car went into “limp” mode and I very slowly drove it home.

I booked it into a garage for them to take a look at. But 48 hours later I got in it and went to drive it to the garage and the fault had gone, no alarm in the display and engine management light was off. Car drove fine.

I took it to the garage the put it on the diagnostics and the only fault they found was a fuel pressure one, which he cleared, charged me £40 and I went on my way!

One week later the car has done the same again. Engine management light is on and only driving in “limp” mode.

Not sure what to do now?

Any ideas?

Thanks for taking a look.

Peugeot 206 HDi GTi 110 – 111000 Miles - Anti-Pollution Fault - elekie&a/c doctor

I would start by renewing the diesel fuel filter.

The DPF or just the in-line fuel filter?

Peugeot 206 HDi GTi 110 – 111000 Miles - Anti-Pollution Fault - elekie&a/c doctor

In line diesel fuel filter.Does this model have a dpf?

Yes it does.
Peugeot 206 HDi GTi 110 – 111000 Miles - Anti-Pollution Fault - Gibbo_Wirral

When the engine light comes on a very useful fault code is logged. You need to find out what the code was.

"Anti pollution fault" is a very generic code that can come up under a dozen different situations.

In future consider signing up on peugeotforums.com to get access to other Peugeot owners who have the Lexia diagnostic equipment that dealers use. They'll be happy to give the same level of diagnostics assistance - which includes reading live data and not just fault codes - for the price of a pint.

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 12/11/2014 at 13:15