Rolls Royce Corniche - incredible find - on blocks! - bananastand

I have an eccentric Auntie living in Ireland. And I mean eccentric. In her stables (she has 20+ acres) I was amazed to find a pink RR Corniche, a bit damp and so on, but the engine looks great. ALLEGEDLY it belonged to Marc Bolan but a quick search produced no photographic evidence. It's PSG360P. To the untrained eye it looks well restorable.

I can't tell if the pink is the original colour. It shows signs of respray. And in those days, I guess they didn't have alloy wheels, but these wheels look a bit cheap.

She is eccentric but not daft. I think she wants E20,000 for it. Ha ha.

Rolls Royce Corniche - incredible find - on blocks! - daveyjp
If you email Rolls Royce with the chassis number they will be able to tell you some of the history.

never thought of that. I'll have to wait until my next visit.

Rolls Royce Corniche - incredible find - on blocks! - Andrew-T
If you email Rolls Royce with the chassis number they will be able to tell you some of the history.

Won't the reg.no. do ?

I sent the reg to the Heritage dept, so we'll see.

Rolls Royce Corniche - incredible find - on blocks! - RichT54

Checking with DVLA returns:

Vehicle enquiry
Registration number: PSG 360P
Untaxed
Expired: 01 March 1988
MOT
No details held by DVLA
New keepers must get tax before using the vehicle.
Vehicle tax
Vehicle tax rate for vehicle
6 Month rate £126.50
12 Month rate £230.00
Vehicle details
Vehicle make ROLLS ROYCE
Date of first registration 01 August 1975
Year of manufacture 1975
Cylinder capacity (cc) 6750cc
CO2Emissions Not available
Fuel type PETROL
Export marker Yes
Vehicle status Not taxed
Vehicle colour PURPLE
Vehicle type approval Not available

Rolls Royce Corniche - incredible find - on blocks! - Cyd

Is it being advertised somewhere?

Rolls Royce Corniche - incredible find - on blocks! - daveyjp
Reg is a start, but Rolls may not have given it the reg and it can change. Chassis number stays with the car. If it was purple on day one, whilst Rolls offer any colour you want I doubt they had a long list of punters wanting a purple Corniche!
Rolls Royce Corniche - incredible find - on blocks! - Bolt

If I remember right(poss not) he had a white rolls and purple mini though he did have several motors

Rolls Royce Corniche - incredible find - on blocks! - Andrew-T

Colour descriptions on a V5 can be pretty approximate. SWMBO's old Clio was called BLUE but mauve would have been a better description. And all shades between blue and green can be a toss-up. I think there is a rather limited pick-list of colours. So PURPLE may have been a dark shade of pink?

Rolls Royce Corniche - incredible find - on blocks! - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}

Quoted from Wikipedia-Bolan never learned to drive, fearing a premature death. Despite this fear, cars or automotive components are at least mentioned in, if not the subject of, many of his songs. He also owned a number of vehicles, including a white 1960s Rolls-Royce that was loaned by his management to the band Hawkwind on the night of his death.