C3 Picasso or Kangoo - Newish diesel for me? - mushed

I've been looking to buy a car up to 5 years old .. Diesel (cheaper tax reasons)

But I've been told the DPF on diesels isn't for me ..

I will literally drive the car for about 10 mins day (loading up parcels to take to the PO literally 4 minute drive away) ... weekends I would use it for longer trips, days out etc ... and only about 3 times a year to load up with camping stuff and go on long journeys..

Would a diesel give me problems .. is a petrol the way to go for me?

Thanks

C3 Picasso or Kangoo - Newish diesel for me? - scot22

My motoring was more suitable for a diesel than that and I still got stung for a replacement DPF. My advice would be DO NOT get diesel. I will never buy another diesel. On those runs the engine would not get sufficientyl warm.

More expensive to buy and repair. It is not recouped through better MPG when lowish mileage.

C3 Picasso or Kangoo - Newish diesel for me? - mushed

Thanks for replying .. ok, petrol the best way to go for me :)

C3 Picasso or Kangoo - Newish diesel for me? - Bromptonaut

How long are the weekend trips and what is your likely total annual mileage?

C3 Picasso or Kangoo - Newish diesel for me? - Avant

At the moment diesels, both new and used, cost a bit more than the equivalent petrol car. The cheaper purchase price of a petrol should offset the extra cost of road tax - and although there's no guarantee of this, repairs when they come may not be so expensive.

Something like a Ford Focus or Toyota Auris should suit you.

C3 Picasso or Kangoo - Newish diesel for me? - 72 dudes

As Avant said.

But if you really do want a C3 Picasso or a Kangoo in petrol guise, the the C3 Picasso would be the one to go for. Much less like driving a van.

Both the 1.4 and 1.6 VTi petrols are very sweet and revvy, the 1.4 should be more than enough for your needs and is less thirsty.

C3 Picasso or Kangoo - Newish diesel for me? - daveyK_UK

The 1.6 petrol in the latest shape Kangoo drives nice, but the kangoo is by far the worst van MPV for rear leg room and the 1.6 petrol is thirsty, you would expect no more than 35 mpg on a run.

The best petrol engined van MPV is the 1.4 fiat doblo or 1.0 Ford tourneo connect.

The 1.6 petrol engine in the Citroen berlingo multispace or the Peugeot partner tepee is slow and thirsty, you will only get 31 mpg on a run