Ford Focus - Tyres - which to buy? - Cotswolds

Hi

It has been a few years since I've had to buy tyres and whenever I did I never gave much consideration to the manufacturer - it just came down to price!

After almost 36K miles the four tyres on my Focusare due renewal but I'd like to make an informed choice as to what to buy.

It is a 59 reg Focus and quite a bit of urban driving but with regular trips between Yorkshire and Gloucestershire.

Can anyone kindly suggest what I need to ask for when getting quotes and how much I need to budget for?

Any advcie would be very much appreciated.

Ford Focus - Tyres - which to buy? - thunderbird

Get Kleber Quadraxer. Its an all season tyre that is keenly priced and available in all the popular sizes. Works perfectly in summer and much better than summer tyres in winter.

Ford Focus - Tyres - which to buy? - brighteyes
Horses for course, would imagine anyone who replies to this post will have a different opinion. Mine, for what is worth is Michelin Premacy, they're not cheap but on front wheel drive cars I've always found they give a good balance between grip, cost, noise and mileage.
Ford Focus - Tyres - which to buy? - Ian D
There is a wealth of information (and you can become a real tyre geek if you choose) by looking at the info on www.tyrereviews.co.uk or www.autoexpress.co.uk (click on the accessories and tyres link). I always have a look before buying, to avoid tyres with basic weaknesses. There are specific tests for all season tyres on the tyrereviews site which is interesting, I run all season tyres on a 2002 BMW 320d as it was so hopeless on the snow and ice of 3 winters ago, and they are very good although not as grippy on hot summer days.
Ford Focus - Tyres - which to buy? - Cotswolds

To those who have replied - thank you - it is very much appreciated.

I've a few pointers on what to look for and will view the website mentioned.

Cheers.

Ford Focus - Tyres - which to buy? - quizman

If your first set of tyres lasted for 36000 miles I would get the same. What brand were they?

I like Michelin and Continental tyres.