Vauxhall Astra 1.6 diesel desire - starting problems when weather hot or cold - mad maud

Has anybody else had any problems with their astra starting when the weather is hot or cold? My car struggles to start when its very hot or very cold and something seems to be draining the battery life as I need to replace the battery every year. I have taken it to the garage a couple of times including the vauxhall dealer garage to have checked over and they cannot find anything wrong even when I have had a diaganosis test done. Once I replace the battery I have no problems at all for about 5 months then the starting problem starts again. Apart from changing the car I dont know what else to do. Any suggestions?

Vauxhall Astra 1.6 diesel desire - starting problems when weather hot or cold - mad maud

would help if I had the right details!! Just been told off by hubby. It is a 1.9 CDTI astra. Anybody else had any similar problems???

Vauxhall Astra 1.6 diesel desire - starting problems when weather hot or cold - elekie&a/c doctor

As this is a diesel,it is important that the correct spec battery is fitted,and also a good quality make.I would suggest get the alternator/charging system tested properly.