Rover 25 lpg 2003 model 1.6 - Car battery advice - patrickviera
I will only be using my car on the weekends as I have to work far away.
Shall I disconnect my negative terminal on my battery each week or leave the car as it is without disconnecting any terminals.I recently put a new battery in the car. The radio has been taken out. The clock resets itself on starting the ignition.

Any recommendations or advice much appreciated.

is there any damage to the vehicle that will be done from disconnecting the negative cable for 5 days each week?

If I leave the car as it without any disconnecting any terminals, what impact will this have on the battery?

Thanks
Rover 25 lpg 2003 model 1.6 - Car battery advice - RobJP

I'd see the biggest possible issue being the car's immobiliser losing its memory, and failing to recognise the key.

Unless you've got a battery drain somewhere, a car shouldn't suffer any ill-effects from sitting for 5 days, and only being used on weekends. We've had weekend 'fun cars' in the past that sat quite happily in our garage for 2-3 weeks without use.

I'm assuming the car will be garaged, if so then make sure you crack the windows open, else condensation and mustiness might be an issue. Also, a well-ventilated garage is better than one which is virtually airtight.

Rover 25 lpg 2003 model 1.6 - Car battery advice - elekie&a/c doctor
No problem at all to leave battery disconnected.The only minor issue is that the engine ecu will forget its adaptive learn values,but a short drive will restore this function.