Vauxhall Zafira dti - Starting issue when left over night facing uphill - Woddy321
Hello,

I have a zafira 2.0 dti 1999 model. When it is left facing uphill over night it doesn't seem to want to start in the morning too the point where the battery goes flat, I presume the fuel is draining back to the tank due to a air leak. I have changed the leak off pipes (but not the t-pieces as they where not brittle and seemed ok), changed the top injector seals, nipped the banjos on the diesel pump and injector pipes, changed the fuel filter and both housing seals and it is still the same.. I really cannot think of anything else now, the only other thing I can think of is the two pipes going too and from the filter housing seem to have a little play in them where the pipe clicks in, I know these are seeled by two O-rings in the housing but was told that these never leak? When I had bought the car there where two non return valves fitted, one on the fuel line going to the filter housing and the other between the filter housing and fuel pump is this to much for the pump to pull the fuel as there is no lift pump, they are pretty big valves and the fuel lines have been stretch on a little, could this be causing a issue?

Is it worth going to the scrap yard, trying a new filter housing (with tighter push in fuel lines) and buy some new fuel pipe and try without the none return valves?

I'm really at a lose with it now.. Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

Cheers

Edited by Woddy321 on 13/06/2014 at 20:19

Vauxhall Zafira dti - Starting issue when left over night facing uphill - Peter.N.

If you can park your car facing steeply downhill overnight you may well see a diesel leak where the air is getting in.

Vauxhall Zafira dti - Starting issue when left over night facing uphill - Woddy321
Thanks for the reply! Ok that's worth a shot.. I'll swap the filter housing and pipes and if that fails will give it a go. Cheers buddy

All other suggestions greatly received :-)

Edited by Woddy321 on 13/06/2014 at 23:36