Volkswagen golf vii - VAG 1.2 tsi 86ps mpg figures and mph/rpm figure? - bear807

Been to test drive yesterday on a 1.2 tsi new golf, is quite impressive for a 1.2 turbocharged comparing to the 1.4 tsi 122 in old golf unit, i find this unit is smoother in town run. so far been to 10miles test drive and get 49.6mpg with mix town run and dual carriage A- road, yet to try Motorway journeys wonder anyone has experience with it?

I have been reading around for this engine on Leon and octavia most i have found is 105ps not the 86 ps variant, i know the 105ps is with a 6 speed box which will have different mpg figures

-Anyone who drives a car with this engine could give me a clue on the mph/rpm figure? 40/50/60/70/80

- I am an ok light footed driver, my previous car a polo mk5 60ps is very underpowered and struggle to get more than 45mpg mix driving (always 42-44mpg), i change gear very quick as soon it reaches 2k rpm so on the polo 5th gear will be on 40mph crusing 1.5k-1.75k rpm. It is ok to carry this behaviour to drive the 1.2 tsi engine?? i have read somewhere is not good to drive a turbo engine under 2k rpm, causing the turbo constant active?

-And whats the other things to look out for in this 86ps unit?

Many thanks,

Jackie

Volkswagen golf vii - VAG 1.2 tsi 86ps mpg figures and mph/rpm figure? - daveyK_UK

Friend has 1.2 105bhp in a seat Toledo, gets as high as 71mpg at 60 mph on the motorway according to the on board computer, he thinks its about 4mpg over the real figure.

Volkswagen golf vii - VAG 1.2 tsi 86ps mpg figures and mph/rpm figure? - bear807

71mpg thats madness! i think the one on toledo is slightly differnt than the one on the golf, leon and octavia?

Volkswagen golf vii - VAG 1.2 tsi 86ps mpg figures and mph/rpm figure? - Ed V

Or you could instead buy a Mark VI for 000s less, and ignore marginal fuel differences.

reason for buying the new golf is because is very cheap compare to mkvi and majority of used vi are tdi which dont suit my 8000 miles pa, i can't seem to find a low milage or decent 1.4tsi mk6 mostly are with the dsg which i don't really like!

Volkswagen golf vii - VAG 1.2 tsi 86ps mpg figures and mph/rpm figure? - Avant

If I were you I'd go for the more powerful version (105 bhp) if you can. Not only will it be more fun to drive, but you won't need so much accelerator pressure to make decent progess - so economy should be much the same.

Thats a good idea wll try and see can i find one and test drive it before putting deposit down! actually is the 105ps is just a remap given that both engine size is the same?