Reccomend a car for my son aged 27. - bandman

My son is a magician and needs an economical car with a large carrying capacity. He currently runs a Honda Jazz but wants something a bit bigger (capacity) to carry his stage stuff. He drives about 25k miles a year. Any reccomendations - budget up to £10k?

Reccomend a car for my son aged 27. - gordonbennet

Not a lot to go on there, a Berlingo would do the trick, as would an E220 CDi Merc auto estate, both can be cheap to run.

Reccomend a car for my son aged 27. - oldtoffee
I'd second some sort of big diesel estate as if you're doing 25k miles a chunk will be on the motorway where Berlingo type vehicles economy suffer due to aerodynamics. Mondeo, Superb for value, Merc for quality but you'll end up with an older car with more miles.
Reccomend a car for my son aged 27. - A3 A4
I'd second some sort of big diesel estate as if you're doing 25k miles a chunk will be on the motorway where Berlingo type vehicles economy suffer due to aerodynamics. Mondeo, Superb for value, Merc for quality but you'll end up with an older car with more miles.

Seat Exeo ST ?

Reccomend a car for my son aged 27. - retgwte

Dacia logan mcv

Massive space and new price is below your budget

Reccomend a car for my son aged 27. - Avant

The Dacia is certainly worth a look: the best used alternatives would be a 1.9 TDI Skoda Octavia estate or a 2.0 TDCI Ford Mondeo estate. The Skoda Superb estate is good and very big, but may be harder to find for £10k.

Reccomend a car for my son aged 27. - Ed V

What, and he can't produce a bit of magic to enlarge the Jazz!!

I wouldn't ignore the people carriers, like an old Espace for example. No rust issue, all 5 rear seats can be removed, and then you could play 5-a-side in the back.

Reccomend a car for my son aged 27. - jgrahampo

but there would be no where to sit down afterwards!

Skoda Roomster, ugly, should be cheap and dependable. He may want to wear his invisibility cloak whilst driving it .

Reccomend a car for my son aged 27. - SteveLee

There's really only one sensible answer! A 2008 onwards Citroen Berlingo Multispace 1.6HDi. Cheap to run (mid 50s mpg on a run) - huge load carrying capacity (it's a van based MPV after all) it's very comfortable with an excellent ride.

Reccomend a car for my son aged 27. - daveyK_UK

A Berlingo multispace / Peugeot Partner Tepee or Fiat Doblo (or possibly a late Renault Kangoo but there are not many around).

A good alternative is the Seat Toledo or Skoda Rapid 6 months or 1 year old.

The boot on the rapid/toledo is enormous and they come with the very good and economical VW 1.2 TSI petrol engine.