Ford Mondeo Estate Titanium X (2013) - Mondeo DAB radio not working - Phill Brown

Advice required please.

I’ve a Mondeo 2013 Titanium X.

At Christmas time last year the DAB stopped working (all other channels MW, FM etc are fine) the car was in for a service in early Jan 14 so it was reported to the dealer who followed the FORD quick fix of disconnect and reconnect to see if it works – didn’t

I reported this up to FORD customer service, they have regularly contacted me over the months to say the problem is still with their technical department.

Hurrah last Friday I took the car back to the dealers as there was a software update to correct the problem.

Technician connects car to computer - computer talks to FORD – FORD say update had been removed as it didn’t work. Technician rings FORD who say you are the third technician to call us today about this, fix didn’t work

I’m now in month 5 without DAB radio, waiting for a fix – I’ve asked for a replacement radio but FORD says no, you will have to wait for fix.

Do I wait or is there another avenue to take?

Ford Mondeo Estate Titanium X (2013) - Mondeo DAB radio not working - RobJP

I'd write to them - by recorded delivery. Explain that you feel you have been patient, and willing to accept a fix (which they have been attempting to do). However, the fix has failed, and you want this problem repaired, one way or another. Explain that you expect their reply within 14 days, and if this is not forthcoming, you will reserve the right to escalate the matter further.

Oh. Point them in the direction of this thread too. Bad publicity scares management.

Ford Mondeo Estate Titanium X (2013) - Mondeo DAB radio not working - Ethan Edwards

We just had the satnav/audio/handsfree system changed under warranty in our Nissan Qasqai. They had three attempts to fix it then I explained how upset I was and next day. Authorised by Nissan a shiny new kit Connect installed and job done. Irritatingly the old one blue toothed with my phone no problem so far this one won't but it loves my old phone. Old phone gti9000 new one gt 7105. Anyway point is buy a nissan not a ford.

Ford Mondeo Estate Titanium X (2013) - Mondeo DAB radio not working - wotfour

I have had no DAB on my Mondeo MK5 company car since taking delivery in October 2013.

The radio sometimes tunes 20 stations or shows DAB not available.

When parked next to my colleagues Mondeo (same model same year same radio) his pulls in 40+ channels

When we drive off my radio breaks up and then loses all DAB the other Mondeo stays in tune and all stations are available if you change channels

Ford have replaced most of the modules behind the dash and 3 weeks ago replaced the main SatNav unit but nothing has cured the problem.

They are looking at it tomorrow and suspect a software update (They have tried 3 of those!!) plus the diversity antenna.

Other issues since new are

10% loss in fuel economy over my last two Mondeos(both 2.0 140ps models) - Ford say this cant be check until 10000 miles on clock (its now on 11000 so will see what they say now)

vibration through steering wheel and pedals at 1500 to 2000 rpm (where I normal drive for economy - 54 to 57 mpg) that makes your hands tingle after an hour.

Car has also developed a fault where by the battery goes completely flat if the car is left untouched for 3 to 4 days. This makes the return from international trips interesting when you land at the airport!! Already had to charge once at home and two AA call outs. Ford told me after the first occurance that the battery hadn't been charge properly before delivery - 7 months before ! - and charged the battery as the cure.

After 6000 miles the car has used 750 mls of oil - the last two used 500 mls in 80000 miles between them

Edited by wotfour on 02/07/2014 at 00:51

Ford Mondeo Estate Titanium X (2013) - Mondeo DAB radio not working - oldtoffee

Give up with your dealer, tell Ford CS. Go to another dealer (they vary hugely in their attitudes) and check out uk Mondeo forums to find a decent dealer close to you. If you're in the Thames Valley or near I know a good one, SMC Datchet.

Have just reurned from the garage with a now working DAB radio.

The diversity antennas in the rear windows are connected to a small module via a black connector on the glass at the top

Both modules had been incorrectly fitted at manufacture. They live in the gap between the headlining and the roof

These were replaced - will post pictures later together with the old and new part no's

I agree with the post above - I went to another (smaller) dealer who was prepared to listen. The main dealer went through the motions but didn't care that there was a problem, they even return the car to my house while I was out and didn't have the courtesy to call me to say they had not fix it!

Edited by wotfour on 04/07/2014 at 19:15

This was the incorrectly fitted part, it was replaced with a BS7T-18C847-AB

bettaautopartsonline.com/catalog/product_info.php?...1

There is a short 3 inch lead plugged in to the module above the FoMoCo logo and the other end of the lead has the black moulding attached the top of the side rear windows containing the antenna filaments.

Edited by wotfour on 04/07/2014 at 23:13

Ford Mondeo Estate Titanium X (2013) - Mondeo DAB radio not working - NM23

I had the same problem with my 2014 mondeo at the start of January and stumbled across this page. Took it to ring ways in Leeds. Took them the best part of a day to get it sorted. Works fine now

Ford Mondeo Estate Titanium X (2013) - Mondeo DAB radio not working - Kye Mclean

Hi, i know this is an old thread bit wondering if somebody can help. I havr the exact same head unit in a 2014 business addition but i have no DAB option on the unit. Anybody got any idea why?

Thanks

Ford Mondeo Estate Titanium X (2013) - Mondeo DAB radio not working - Scott7331

An old thread but might be the answer to my problems. How many modules in the head lining and where are they located?. My dab breaks up all the time and drops signal

Edited by Scott7331 on 07/07/2019 at 16:48