2009 ford focus 1.8tdci - Rumbling/droning noise from drivers side - smitd004
Hi folks, im new to here so apologies if I do something wrong.

I currently own a 2009 ford focus 1.8 tdci zetec. I have an alarming and very loud droning sound from the drivers side whenever turning right. I have so far replaced the front and rear right hand side wheel bearings and drivers side drive shaft, all new parts i hasten to add.
I have also swapped the tyres from left to right incase it was one of those. However, the noise is still there! Just as loud as before.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea what else this could be?

Thanks in advance
2009 ford focus 1.8tdci - Rumbling/droning noise from drivers side - Bolt

You didnt mention outer CV joint? usual cause, unless it comes with driveshaft

2009 ford focus 1.8tdci - Rumbling/droning noise from drivers side - bathtub tom

LH wheel bearings?

I agree with your initial diagnosis, but things change. I've been caught out similarly!

Wheel bearings should be replaced in pairs anyway,ie n/s/f -o/s/f

2009 ford focus 1.8tdci - Rumbling/droning noise from drivers side - bathtub tom

Wheel bearings should be replaced in pairs anyway,ie n/s/f -o/s/f

Why?

2009 ford focus 1.8tdci - Rumbling/droning noise from drivers side - gordonbennet

As Bathtub, after careful checking listening and deciding i've changed wheel bearings the side expected, yet the noise persisted and the failure turned out to be the inside bearing on the opposite side.

If a failing bearing is only singing loudly with weight on it, its hells own job sometimes to pinpoint the problem...well thats my excuse.

Course if you happen to own a proper car like an old Benz..;), the you can take the front bearings out, clean examine repack with grease and use 'em again and again and again...i love RWD..:-)

Its always been my experience that if one bearing is worn and noisy,the other side wont be far behind

I have always found that when replacing the side that isnt noisy ie the good one (or so it seemed) actually had a fair bit of play in it and dry,so was in need of replacing

I do agree the sound can be deceiving,though I dont understand why some only replace one bearing,but thats up to them