Ford Fiesta - ipod playing fast - aardvark44

Anyone any idea why a 2012 Fiesta plays an ipod at fast speed when the same ipod works perfectly in at least 8 other vehicles? I have proved the ipod is working perfectly but the dealer refuses to accept that the fault lies with the vehicle console.

Edited by aardvark44 on 13/04/2014 at 14:04

Ford Fiesta - ipod playing fast - Railroad.
Well I must say this has me stumped. Considering there are no moving parts I cannot understand why this should happen. Do you know it's playing fast because the pitch of the music is raised, and if so by how much? It could be worth checking the charging system just to make sure it isn't over-charging. Other than that I'm out of ideas, but it would be appreciated if you would post back if you establish the cause.
Ford Fiesta - ipod playing fast - jc2

Does it still play fast with engine off-if so,can't be overcharging.

Ford Fiesta - ipod playing fast - Railroad.

Does it still play fast with engine off-if so,can't be overcharging.

Very true of course.
Ford Fiesta - ipod playing fast - elekie&a/c doctor
The multi media system on these uses Microsoft software.Perhaps they can provide an answer?
Ford Fiesta - ipod playing fast - Bolt

check out the Apple website seems your not the only one

Edited by magnit on 15/04/2014 at 19:19

General issues but nothing obviously linked to Ford Fiesta and nothing to explain why this one vehicle and not the other ten I have connected the ipod to have this issue.

Plays 2-3 times normal speed whether charging or not. Tried it in two further vehicles since first post and both work fine.

Ford Fiesta - ipod playing fast - Bolt

Are you sure your not hitting the ff button by accident when connecting?