Mazda 3 1.6 D Tamura 53 plate - fuel in Oil warning light ( MZ-CdD1.6 ) - motormouth

Hi

As I pulled onto the drive tonight the Fuel in Oil warning light came on.

The car was registered September 2012, and was bought new Feb 2013 Mazda dealer. Consequently It had its first dealer service last September, @6000 miles and has now done just over 12000.

At weekends I sometimes do a few 2-3 mile journeys while the drive to work is mixed driving conditions c 15 miles.

The drive home is a bit more of a crawl, it was tonight but there is a 3 mile blast in the middle of it. Is this a DPF problem ie, should I take it for a 20 minute blast..or should I get it into the dealers ASAP tomorrow morning ?

Cheers

Mazda 3 1.6 D Tamura 53 plate - fuel in Oil warning light ( MZ-CdD1.6 ) - motormouth

Just to add, I just had a thought. The mileage on my car is 12427....has Mazda forgotton to reset the service interval or something..seems a mighty co incidence..the service interval is 12.5 K or I year ???

Hmm

Mazda 3 1.6 D Tamura 53 plate - fuel in Oil warning light ( MZ-CdD1.6 ) - dieselnut

Have you checked the oil level? If there is fuel in the oil, the level will probably be over the high mark & will require changing.

This has been a fairly common problem for Mazda diesels with a DPF & can lead to total engine destruction if not dealt with in time.

Mazda 3 1.6 D Tamura 53 plate - fuel in Oil warning light ( MZ-CdD1.6 ) - skidpan

I thought it was generally accepted that since the 3 1.6 D used the PSA 1.6 and an Eolys system (like the 1.6 D Focus it is based on) it did not suffer the dilution issues like the bigger Mazda diesels.

Oil level was fine.

The light was on rather than flashing.

I'm less than impressed this fault has occured 5k miles after a service and barely 12 months old.

I was even less impressed with the reacrion at Mazda this morning when I called in 1st thing, as its only about 5 miles away.

I was told there was no Mazda technician in today and they were fully booked tomorrow. Even If I brought the car back tomorrow, I was told there would be no gaurentee of it being looked at.

I was somewhat gobsmacked by this stonewalling to say the least. I was given the number of 2 dealerships, one 15 miles away, other 20. Not evn an offer to ring them for me !

I enquired if it was sensible to drive the car and told, "not really". I asked to speak to someone senior and was told there were not in until 9am.

I took a deep breath and handed them the keys and suggested they let me know if and when they have addressed the issue.

The car was being booked in when I politely enquired if there was a spare courtesy car , the immediate answer was "no"..but guess what, when she checked there was !

So my impressions of Mazda customer service are not exactly high at present...I mean, surely the first thing they should have done was check to see if they had a spare car, and then any delay in seeing to the issue would have been somewhat smoothed.

I await a phone call tomorrow, we will see. I wander if they will carry this work out under warranty ?

Problem solved

They forgot to reset the service interval