Toyota Auris - Delayed delivery - Dabooka
As some of you may recall, recently the missus and I took the decision to buy a new Auris (1.4 diesel). Well since ordering it mid February, we've not heard a peep, and as we were expecting a date sometime mid-late March, SWMBO got in touch with the dealer for an update.

Well, after a little bit of checking with Toyota, the dealer has replied to say that 'Toyota are dealying all deliveries until the revised facelift in June' which seems odd. The dealership are baffled and have vowed to find out more next week, as they acknoweldge it's odd and need to know themselves.

So, any thoughts? Why facelift a new model so soon? I wonder if it may be linked to the engine deal with BMW that was discussed?

Cheers,

Dabooka
Toyota Auris - Delayed delivery - daveyK_UK

I thought the BMW engine they are sharing and upgrading is a 1.6 diesel not a 1.4?

No idea why they need to face lift, the estate version has only just come out.

I thought the BMW engine they are sharing and upgrading is a 1.6 diesel not a 1.4?

No idea why they need to face lift, the estate version has only just come out.

The 1.4 is the current Toyota engine, and I believe there's a 1.6 and a 2.0 in the agreement, either of which will improve it nicely I'd imagine. The 1.4 is a little 'lacklustre' in my humble opinion.

Toyota Auris - Delayed delivery - Auristocrat

In June the hatchback will have been on sale for 19 months, so may be due for some minor changes. The introduction of the BMW diesel engines - I suppose the 1.6 is more likely as that is the size Toyota have put in the Verso - and the inclusion of systems like tyre pressure monitoring to comply with EU legislation from November, necessitate changes.

As regards the 'newness' of the model, Type Approval has been carried forward from the first generation Auris - which is why tyre pressure monitoring wasn't needed to be included when the current Auris came onto the market.

Toyota Auris - Delayed delivery - Falkirk Bairn

Lots of Auris available with under 100 miles on the clock

tinyurl.com/m7uexjx

maybe not your model / colour etc

BUT

an outgoing model means there is a deal to be done

Lots of Auris available with under 100 miles on the clock

tinyurl.com/m7uexjx

maybe not your model / colour etc

BUT

an outgoing model means there is a deal to be done

It's a very good point, and one we're discussing between us, seeing what they have in stock instead and getting a deal done.

Toyota Auris - Delayed delivery - colinh

Think they are revising the clock in the current model - too many were turning up on Antiques Roadshow

Think they are revising the clock in the current model - too many were turning up on Antiques Roadshow

Well we nearly went for a Focus as the clock is nicer. In the end the 5 year warranty convinced us otherwise though. :-)