new car order - charges query - JSalting

Hello,

Can I call upon the collective wisdom of the forum on a question I have please?

I've placed an order for a new Suzuki, however when I received the order form from the dealer I noticed that he's charged a considerable amount in excess of £450 for delivery and £30.00 for half a litre of petrol! The overall amount is correct, it's what we've agreed, but I'm troubled by these two charges which seem over-inflated to me. Is this normal practice or should I query these charges with the dealer? Also, what is the AFRL fee?

new car order - charges query - RichT54

£30 is certainly excessive for half a litre of petrol, or did you mean half a tank?

new car order - charges query - daveyjp
ARFL is Annual Road Fund licence. Car tax. The fuel will be half a tank, delivery charge is quite normal.

It says half (1/2) a litre on the form.

new car order - charges query - catsdad

I dont think you need worry if the total is correct. All new cars incur a delivery charge even if the factory is nearby. Maybe the petrol is a typo for half a tank? Annual Road Fund licence. I think the dealer should have explained this but as I say I don't see anything untoward.

Maybe he means half a tank, I'll ask him tomorrow. Thanks!

new car order - charges query - RichT54

According to the Suzuki website:

Suzuki has a standard ‘On the Road’ price on all vehicles. This charge includes delivery to Dealer, number plates, first year’s Vehicle Excise Duty and first registration fee.