Volkswagen Golf Plus MK5 - Interior Door Panel Rattle - challenger54

The main dealer has attempted to resolve this issue and advised me that they had to use double edged tape on the interior panel to prevent from making a rattling noise.As the noise has re occured I would like to repair the problem myself.

Can anyone advise me of the following?

1 How do you take the panel from the door and are any special tools involved as it is power operated.

2 Are there any workshop manuals available at a reasonable cost?

Thank you

CGH

Volkswagen Golf Plus MK5 - Interior Door Panel Rattle - elekie&a/c doctor
Are you sure the rattle is behind the door panel?There is very little behind this.It may be easier to remove the door skin ,it is bolted to the door frame on these.This will give access to all the moving components in the door.No special tools reqd,but you will need some torx/star drive socket bits.If you do remove the door card,you will probably need new plastic pop studs ,as some will break.hth
Volkswagen Golf Plus MK5 - Interior Door Panel Rattle - VR6

Have a look at this link:

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82260

Its not a Golf Plus, and its related to the passanger door. It's pretty much the same procedure for the Mk3 and Mk4 Golf too.

On my MK4 the hardest part of putting it back together is reattaching the pull handle cable. I find that opening the window and using a pair of needle nosed pliers helps. (With the window open you can put your head through the window frame so that you can look behind the door card to see where to attach the cable)

Volkswagen Golf Plus MK5 - Interior Door Panel Rattle - challenger54

Thank you for the replies

CGH