Vauxhall Corsa - Electric windows - beanstalker

Hello,

I have a 2010 Corsa 1.2 Energy which I bought in November 2013 from a Vauxhall main dealer. This morning, my wife used her key( the spare, non folding type) to unlock the car and sat in the passenger seat. She does not drive and is always careful to touch nothing. There was no key in the ignition then there was a "tick tock"" noise and both front electric windows came down at which point she called me. They both went up again when I used the switch. My wife thinks she has heard the noise before when she has used her key to unlock the car and has sat in the passenger seat prior to my coming out but isnt certain. I have notified Vauxhall in case my Network Q covers this or, failing that, if the garage want to check it out on a goodwill basis. Do any readers have any thoughts on what might have caused this?

Vauxhall Corsa - Electric windows - elekie&a/c doctor

These are fitted with total open /close function for the windows.Press and hold the lock button on the remote,and the windows will close,if open.I think this also works if the key is held over to the lock or unlock position in the door barrel.

Vauxhall Corsa - Electric windows - 1litregolfeater

bleedin ell can I be the first to post total bafflement, as a befuddled observer. Shouldn't they go up and down.