mondeo mk 3 2.0tdci - dmf limp mode - gagnoa

I have a 2005 mondeo TDCi 130bhp. The dmf is worn, you can hear it and feel it through the clutch pedal and the idle is rough. I know if I want to keep the car I'll have to get the clutch and dmf replaced. 3 times in the last month whilst under acceleration the car has gone into limp mode (glow pug light flashing and no turbo boost.) If I restart the car everything is fine again. Could this be linked to dmf wear (possibly affecting the crank sensor) or could I have problems of another kind? If the latter (high pressure pump, injectors) I'll probably change the car.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

mondeo mk 3 2.0tdci - dmf limp mode - Collos25

The DMF maybe ok you will not know till you remove the gearbox,the LHM could be caused by the EGR valve or the turbo actuator a very common fault (providing its not Vacuum activated)I suggest you google this site but if you do need to replace the actuator you have to replace the turbo as well as the two are mated together.

mondeo mk 3 2.0tdci - dmf limp mode - gagnoa

Thanks for your help. The car did it again today. A friend let me borrow his OBD dongle but no fault codes came up. Anyway I'll look into your suggestions. I replaced the egr about a year ago (with a second hand one). Can you lubcricate these in any way to free them up if they're sticking?

Cheers

Simon

The problem is that a generic OBD11 does not always pick up the faults the EGR can be removed cleaned and tested not very much can be done while it is in situ.There is a simple test for the actuator if you know where to put your finger on the actuator arm these two faults are very common on X type Jaguars diesels and Mondeo diesels a replacement turbo/actuator from Garret is around 700ukps plus fitting if you shop around while Fords want around 1500ukps so it is essential you get the correct diagnosis..

mondeo mk 3 2.0tdci - dmf limp mode - ddr

My honest advice - get rid of it.

I replaced the injectors on mine only to have the DMF go a month later. The car is worth very little right now I am guessing, so I would part ex it and save yourself the aggravation.

Also limp mode on acceleration isn't caused by the DMF as far as I know, that's usually injector/turbo problems.

My honest advice - get rid of it.

I replaced the injectors on mine only to have the DMF go a month later. The car is worth very little right now I am guessing, so I would part ex it and save yourself the aggravation.

Also limp mode on acceleration isn't caused by the DMF as far as I know, that's usually injector/turbo problems.

I do not think anybody has said the LHM is caused by the DMF If you want to change your car just because the clutch goes so be it.