2008 1.6 Kia Ceed - Tick over rpm - siobhans-dad

Bought this car on 11th Feb from Kia garage in Derby . . . . On drive home the idle was so slow and lumpy I thought it would stall. When warm the tickover is 500-600rpm. I took the car back on 14th feb as it still has 1 year left on manufacturers warrenty. Their 'technician' had it in the workshop for about half an hour, only to come out and tell me all is OK and the tickover is 800rpm. When I led him out to the car and showed him the tacho showing 600rpm he just said . . . they are all like that ! Anyway I need to know what rpm to expect on one of these cars and what I should do next . . . . Thanks

2008 1.6 Kia Ceed - Tick over rpm - Collos25

I am using a newish 2.0 litre diesel Kia at the moment and the tickover is 800rpm ,smooth and consistant I can understand why people buy them the build quality takes some beating every bit as good as my Mercedes.

2008 1.6 Kia Ceed - Tick over rpm - skidpan

Was it like that on your test drive, if it was why did you buy it. Plenty of cars out there for sale.

Test drive another, if its the same they all do that, if its not return it .

Our 2010 CRDi idles smoothly at about 750-800 rmp once warm unless its doing a regen. Then the idle is lumpy. But that perfectly normal and once the regen finishes it back to normal.