Toyota Yaris - 300 quid for 3-piece exhaust replacement? - mikem004

02 1.0S Yaris

Took it into the garage with an exhaust rattle. At best, I hoped it just needed a new bracket. At worst, maybe a new back box.

They said I needed a whole 3-piece replacement. Back and mid section were rusted. No way they could fix a bracket on.

Quoted me 300 quid for a whole new exhaust. Sounds a bit severe. Previously, I have just had back boxes replaced.

Told them I would think about it for a while. They said the exhaust was hanging on by a thread.

First time I've used this garage, although they have a good rep AFAIK.

Any comments?

Toyota Yaris - 300 quid for 3-piece exhaust replacement? - Falkirk Bairn

Phone around other local outlets

Price on web is about 210. So, including fitting, 300 doesn't look too crazy a price.

Toyota Yaris - 300 quid for 3-piece exhaust replacement? - madf

Son replaced his for £220 at local independent

Sounds like replacing the whole exhaust on a Yaris is pretty common. I've never had to so this with any previous cars.

Toyota Yaris - 300 quid for 3-piece exhaust replacement? - skidpan

Sounds like replacing the whole exhaust on a Yaris is pretty common. I've never had to so this with any previous cars.

The OP's car is 12 years old and this may be the first complete relacement it has required, if that is the case it just shows how well modern exhausts are made. If its the 2nd its still a good result.

Back in the 70's it was perfectly normal for the original exhaust to last about 2 or 3 years if you were lucky. they were made of cheese and paper. Even into the early 90's replacements that came with a 1 year warranty would last exactly 1 year and 1 day before developing a hole.

Toyota Yaris - 300 quid for 3-piece exhaust replacement? - Collos25

A quick look on UK ebay shows the Yaris exhaust can be purchased in parts or complete most prices are well below 100ukps for a complete system.

Toyota Yaris - 300 quid for 3-piece exhaust replacement? - madf

Son''s car was 11 years old when changed..Most 11 year old cars are dying...son's has done 30k miles since then = now 130k so far..

Toyota Yaris - 300 quid for 3-piece exhaust replacement? - RT

For £300 you can probably get a custom stainless steel exhaust made up.

Toyota Yaris - 300 quid for 3-piece exhaust replacement? - gordonbennet

Company advertising complete stainless exhaust for Yaris, inc fitting for 200 sovs.

170557676055 I have no connection with the company.