Fiat 500 (2008) - poss Body Control Module fault - cazbo

I just wanted to mention this, as I saw Honest John mention a problem I might have with my Fiat. Really to save someone some money (unlike myself).

I took my Fiat 500 into my Fiat garage as it had developed a problem with the intermittent windscreen wipers - they only work intermittently. The Fiat garage reported that a couple of "faults" had shown and suggested replacing the Stalk that controls the windscreen wipers. I went ahead (cost £350.00). This did not solve the problem so the Fiat garage said best to replace the wiper motor (£150). I baulked, took it to my local garage, who did this work - it also didn't resolve problem, and led that garage to Google! They then spoke to a different Fiat garage who confirmed that I might have a "body control module possible fault" and had I also experienced the odometer flashing - yes. Also, just as I pulled into the last garage the Check Power Steering light came on, and I've had to reset the clock so many times I gave up. It would now appear that all these unlinked events could be down to the BCM, and that will cost me a further £400+, but might just need flashing! Just a word of warning to anyone else who has had these issues and 1,000 apologies if it is already on here - I searched and could not find.

Fiat 500 (2008) - poss Body Control Module fault - hardway

Cheers! Good to know. But now I'm curious, Couldn't the Fiat garage,using Fiat diagnostic software? drive the wipers without operating the stalk switch? I mean my Peugeot Planet can operate all systems from my laptop,ok that's Peugeot/Citroen.

but I find it hard to believe that Fiat cant do this.

No,strike that,improbable,

Fiat 500 (2008) - poss Body Control Module fault - oldtoffee

On my wife's 500 the AM radio went awol, the power steering light came on regularly, also the intermittent wipers worked intermittently and the dual logic gearbox often refused to shift first time into any form of forward drive after reversing out of our drive into the busy main road. The glass roof had started to delaminate and the alloys were corroding from the inside out (Fiat rejected our warranty claim at 2 years). 3.5 years old, 33k miles, 3 main dealer services, no faults ever found.