ford mondeo 2.0 tdci - mondeo 2.0 tdci air in fuel system - wavecars

hi

I have just changed the injectors on my car and it wouldn't start, I checked the fuel filter and it was full of air so I used a hand primer and filled the filter then filled the pipe to the pump but it still wont start. I have taken it to a local garage and they did the same but the also tried to tow start it. The engine was turning over and smoke from the back but just wouldn't catch. they recon air is getting in somewhere. i only have 8bar on the injector rail.

Any HELP please

i have a code reader but its not showing any faults at the mo :s

as far as im awere there is no seals on the filter as it the metal type. the leak off pips seam to be sealed properly ( would i be able to disconnect the leak off pipes and block the return end like you would in a leak off test to see if this is the problem)

ive got my car battery connected to another car. i have tried to bleed each injector but all i get is a lot of air and a very small amount of mist.

im very stumped on this. im going to disconnect all the fuel pipes and pressure test them today to see if there is a slight hole somewhere. i will let you know how i get on.

I have spent most of the day on it I have tried bleeding the metal pipes on top of the injectors whiles someone cranks the engine over and I leak off pipe from the join by the injectors and blocked it and put the connector (which joins the 4 leak off pips) into a tub of derv (only just seen your post about removing the T connector) but still no joy. Would what I done with the leak off pipe be the same as doing what you said with the T from the filter?

the highest bar on cranking was 57bar then just dropped.

3 fault codes are coming up now they are:-

P1211 Injector control pressure higher/lower than desired (engine running)

P2291 Injector control pressure too low (engine cranking)

P0251 Injector pump fuel metering control A

Any further help would be appreciated.

Paul

ford mondeo 2.0 tdci - mondeo 2.0 tdci air in fuel system - dieselnut

Do you have an electric pump on top of the fuel tank.

If so, it should run for a few seconds when the ignition is switched on & continuously while cranking. This should be pushing fuel into the high pressure engine pump.

hi,

it only has the one pump on the engine none on the fuel tank

Edited by wavecars on 26/01/2014 at 18:25

ford mondeo 2.0 tdci - mondeo 2.0 tdci air in fuel system - milb1

Is your filter the type of metal filter with the push on type plastic pipes ? We had trouble at work with this we filled the filter with an oil can it ran then cut out we ended up replacing the pipes this sorted it after we filled the filter again

hi, yeah it it the metel filter type, which pipes did you replace? did you ever find out why you needed to replace the pipes?

Edited by wavecars on 26/01/2014 at 20:09

ford mondeo 2.0 tdci - mondeo 2.0 tdci air in fuel system - milb1

It was the fuel in and return to tank the pipes physically looked ok they seemed to be seating on filter ok aswell we changed them 1st and cured it

ford mondeo 2.0 tdci - mondeo 2.0 tdci air in fuel system - Wizza

Don't know if you have sorted this but I was under the impression that TDCi injectors needed to be recoded after installation?