Citroen C5 - Citroen C5 Hdi Anti Pollution Fault - ScoBro

Hi all,

I have a Citroen C5 2.0 hdi with the 110 non fap! (Thank god)

It had an anti pollution fault light pop up and engine management light come on.

I was doing a service anyway so I change oil, oil filter, air filter and I noticed the maf had disintegrated. So I have replaced that with one off ebay.

I cleared the engine management light and had no faults. Drove it for 240 miles and it atill seems a bit sluggish. Left it over night, and ping, anti pollution fault again and engine management light back on.

Strange bit I cant work out is theres no excessive smoke, its just sluggish and has the light on.

I have lexia which I will connect when I get chance.

Any ideas?

Its a 2002 2.0hdi 110 done 112k

Thanks

Citroen C5 - Citroen C5 Hdi Anti Pollution Fault - Collos25

Faulty Lamdas,MAF faulty,Cat choked up could be number of faults you really need the Lexia computer to find out a normal OBD11 is not much good.

Citroen C5 - Citroen C5 Hdi Anti Pollution Fault - Collos25

Forgot to mention a faulty or choked up EGR valve,are you sure it does not have an eloy tank a very few of the early 2.0hdi do not have it fitted but most do.

Edited by Collos25 on 16/01/2014 at 11:57

Citroen C5 - Citroen C5 Hdi Anti Pollution Fault - Peter.N.

If its a 2.0. 8 valve it wont have one.

My 2.0. is stuck in limp home mode, won't exceed 3000 rpm which doesn't bother me in the least as I never exceed that anyway but the light is on which should be OK until the next MOT comes around. My Lexia has stopped talking to the computer, I am at present trying to reestablish comunication.

Forgot to mention a faulty or choked up EGR valve,are you sure it does not have an eloy tank a very few of the early 2.0hdi do not have it fitted but most do.

I have thought it would be the maf, which is what lexia said before because values were out of range. But maybe the after market one is no good, I have heard sometimes there no good.

Its definitely not got a dpf, I had to replace the middle pipe and back box, and there is only the cat and down pipe.

I didnt think diesels had lambda sensors?

Egr, this is my other plan of attack, I'm going to plug the vac tube so that should eliminate any problems with the egr.

Its slow to rev from tic over up to 2500rpm then once past that it the revs climb.

I have compared it to my suzuki with the same engine in (bosch pump etc) and my suzuki revs far faster from tick over.

Thanks

Citroen C5 - Citroen C5 Hdi Anti Pollution Fault - Gibbo_Wirral

Could be the MAF. But don't throw parts at it, get a diagnostic check done.

Is there anyone on this map close to you:

maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214397633218647067111...e

These are Peugeot Citroen owners with the Lexia diagnostic equipment. Its much better at fault finding than a generic code reader.

Citroen C5 - Citroen C5 Hdi Anti Pollution Fault - hardway

Hmmm,

ebay MAF's

Unplug the maf,start it and drive it.

better???

I'ts not that I don't trust ebay maf's,

well..........I don't.

Main dealer or very well known brand only.

What I'm now thinking is to get a used genuine one. The thing I dont know is its the bosch system being the rhz 110 engine but the old maf has no numbers on it. What I don't know is the make of the original maf. I'm guessing Siemens because bosch dony don't seem to make mafs for this engine, but anyone who still has an original maf on theres with the bosch system on, or if anyone could shed any light on the make, would be much appreciated.

I'm 99.9% sure its the maf, as it has made no difference to how it revs / goes from old to the new maf.

Citroen C5 - Citroen C5 Hdi Anti Pollution Fault - Peter.N.

I got a secondhand one from ebay for my 406 and it worked a treat for less than £20 including post. Mine was a Seimens but I think they are all the same.

Citroen C5 - Citroen C5 Hdi Anti Pollution Fault - Gibbo_Wirral

Keep an eye on Euro Car Parts, if they've got a sale on you can pick up a genuine one (Pierburg) for half the dealer price.