Peugeot 307 - oil leak and lacking power - terrys83

Hi,
Basically I’m having issues with my 2003 Peugeot 307, it's the 2L HDi 110HP version.

I know no one can diagnose a problem properly but just hoping for some ideas as to what the problem maybe. So here are the symptoms I seem to have been getting.
I've been having oil covering a lot of the engine bay. It seems to be on the air filter/battery side, obviously I cant see what is going on towards the rear of the engine but the with an oily patch on the radiator I think it's towards the front of the engine. Also the air pipe on top seem to be oily, (hopefully pics attached). Yet when ever I check the oil, the level seems to be pretty much the same as before.
In a way hopefully related to this as thinking about it, they seemed to start approx the same sort of time (about 3 months ago), I seem to be lacking power on acceleration. This seems to have been getting worse with time aswell,
however once I’m going on the dual carriageway at 70mph in fifth gear I’m doing just over 2200 rpm (this had been approx 2400rpm at 70mph for a short period however seemed to drop after I gave it a bit of a blow out n fourth gear)
Approx same sort of time I seemed to notice more smoke than I previously had in the rear view mirror again on acceleration. I only seem to notice it when the engine is under load, really revving the engine in with it stationary in neutral seems to produce no visable smoke.

When a friend watched me drive away I’d asked her to look out for it and she believed it to be black but was defiantly dark in colour.
the final symptom I can think of is my fuel efficiency had dropped by approx 4-5mpg. During the summer I was regularly getting in the region of 42-43, since this seemed to start I've only checked the mpg a few times but all those times was more like 38-39mpg I’m sure a little of that may be down to needing the heating/fan etc and idling to while waiting for the windows to clear.
The engine does sound a little rough so I’ve not really thought too much about that.
I’m sure the turbo is still working as I keep hearing it start whining away at approx 2400rmp.
Any ideas as to what the problem is would be appreciated If only to try to set my mind at ease. I will be getting it checked out soon anyway just not had much time such that I can lose the car into a garage for a day or 2.

pics: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4_NLS6cjZq2aVgxeWNpc3Q4SkU&usp=sharing

Peugeot 307 - oil leak and lacking power - dieselnut

You probably have a small split in that big rubber pipe that is oily. It is under considerable pressure when the engine is under load & comes from the turbo.

Turbo's emit a small amount of oil from their bearings & this will be blown down the pipe & out through the split. This will also account for the drop in performance & slight increase in fuel consumption, as the engine won't be getting the full air pressure.

If it is that it shouldn't cost too much to fix, the pipe is probably circa £100 plus fitting.

Peugeot 307 - oil leak and lacking power - Collos25

Good advice above, fuel consumption decreases in winter months due to ambient temp and the addition of de icer to the fuel.

Peugeot 307 - oil leak and lacking power - Gibbo_Wirral

Check the pipe that comes off the turbo. Inside it is an rubber orange sleeve than can split.

This happens a lot on the 407 1.6 diesel and also causes power loss and sprays out oil.

A replacement is around £12 from the dealers.

Peugeot 307 - oil leak and lacking power - terrys83

Thanks for your replies, a garage had it yesterday afternoon. They initially thought was air mass meter, but luckly didn't need it as had it on sale or return. Once they cleaned everything up traced it to the bottom turbo boost pipe or something like that. Which i assume must be the same as Gibbo_Wirral said. Was about £50+Vat for the pipe from Peugeot.
in total pipe and 2hrs labour came to roughly the same as 2hours labour at either of the local main dealers.
100% recommend West Cornwall Engine Services :)

Peugeot 307 - oil leak and lacking power - Gibbo_Wirral

This was the part I was referring to:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-206-207-307-308-3008-40...4