mazda 5 2008 sport d - suspension problem within 3 months of purchase - charms1713

I bought a mazda 5 sport from evan halshaw on the 18/11/2013.

Just started to notice rear suspension really soft making the car bounce over every bump.

I'm going to phone the garage on Monday but first I what as much info as possible about what they should do for me.

I am aware of the sales of good act, but have been bitten by a dealer before after a cam belt snapped on a different car and was put down to wear and tear.

any help would be apreciated

mazda 5 2008 sport d - suspension problem within 3 months of purchase - Oli rag

The bounce would suggest that a damper has failed. Should be replaced by the dealer in my opinion.

mazda 5 2008 sport d - suspension problem within 3 months of purchase - Ordovices

The rear shocks failing was another one of the shortcomings of that car. On mine the bounce was accompanied by knocking noises over uneven road surfaces, man hole covers etc. This was one of the faults that Mazda held its hands up to , for me. I had my rear shocks replaced under warranty, but the car was less than 12 months old. There is still some info on a mazda forum about this and the thread has been running for a few years. The other things they admitted was a problem with the power steering, which howled like a banshee when cold.

Mazda wasn't so keen to acknowledge that the fuel dilution of the oil and the savage inner edge wear on the tyres was an issue (despite my seeing piles of tyres with edges worn to the casing, stacked up in the corner of a dealer's workshop).