vauxhall vectra 2005 2.2 petrol - fuel problem (i think) - mattsvectra

hi im new to the site,

i have a vectra 2005 2.2 pertol (engine type z22yh)

My problem is i drove the car yesterday and it was fine no problems at all, parked up over night went to go to work the next morning and it wouldnt start straight away like normal, when you go to start it takes a while turning it over then it will fill like its starting and you stop the starter motor and then it takes about 10-15 seconds to get up to idle and then will idle all day long but as soon as you put you foot on the gas (like you would normally to rev) it will just cut out sounds abit like not enough fuel or something, but if you rev it very slowly you can rev it right up to max and hold it at 5000rpm with no problem. but starting is the same evertime but if you jump start it it will start first time. once the car is started and on idle you can drive it by using as little throttle as possible like driving just on idle power, if you use the throttle as you would in a normal car it will just cut out.

There are not lights on the dash but i did put the car of a fault reader and it came up with air flow meter so i had it changed and codes
cleared and re scanned and no fault codes but still have the same problem, I have also changed the spark plugs and taken the throttle body off and cleaned but nothing still the same.

I have run out of ideas and can only think it is a fuel problem.

Can anyone please help me

many thanks matt

any one got any ideas

vauxhall vectra 2005 2.2 petrol - fuel problem (i think) - elekie&a/c doctor
Can you read actual live data,especially fuel pressure?

yes i have on idle its at 46 to 48 and when rev it gos up to around 68 to 72

any one please help me

vauxhall vectra 2005 2.2 petrol - fuel problem (i think) - elekie&a/c doctor
Are these figures quoted in bar.?If so,I would say they are within spec .These high pressure direct injection engines can be very difficult to diagnose and fix.hth

i dont no, ok so if the pump is ok. what else could it be ? as i dont have any fault codes of anything

Edited by mattsvectra on 12/01/2014 at 21:47

hi just an update ive tryed something out i un plugged the fuel pressure regulator and the car started but when up to idle it dies straight away as the regulator is un plugged then when i plug it back in nothing just turns over.
do you think the regulator is my problem?

vauxhall vectra 2005 2.2 petrol - fuel problem (i think) - dieselnut

Could be that your exhaust is blocked up & not allowing the engine to breath.

Don't know if there is an easy way to disconnect the downpipe close to the engine.

Edited by dieselnut on 13/01/2014 at 14:45

vauxhall vectra 2005 2.2 petrol - fuel problem (i think) - madf

Blocked fuel filter?

think its got a manicat on it so not sure how to test that. and i dont think it the filter as getting fuel

i done a compression test on the car today and got 120 psi on all 4 cylinders is this ok ?