Buying new car online - powerful pierre

Just considering buying a new car online via a broker who puts you in touch with a main dealer in UK from whom you buy the car, prices are so much lower than my local dealers.

How is this possible ? Why doesnt everybody do it ?

Buying new car online - oldtoffee

Its possible because some dealers particularly the bigger ones in major towns and cities work to achieve bonus targets that generate them extra profit and by selling some of their cars ultra cheap they usually make those targets. Most dealers don't sell enough cars to get anywhere near the volume so can't and won't price match.

Why doesn't everybody do it? A lot of people don't know and just turn up and pay the money or haggle a few hundred quid off. Or they want to px their car and the dealer fudges the cost to change to make it look sweet. A lot of people do use brokers and companies like carfile and drivethedeal are very successful on the back of it.

Buying new car online - powerful pierre

Thanks oldtoffee, all my enquiries are coming back with positive answers, looks like i will go ahead and order from drivethedeal for delivery in March ( 14 plate )

Buying new car online - Avant

Drivethe deal have a good reputation - the only snag is that they don't do PX, which I always prefer as I don't want the hassle of a private sale.

Buying new car online - gordonbennet

Before you commit to this, have you spoken to any of your chosen makes recommended dealers within reasonable distance and asked then if they can come near the deal, or do a servicing package to help even the playing field over time.

The only reason being that if you buy from and get the car serviced at the same dealer, then once warranty has run out they *should* be more sympathetic to goodwilll if anything goes wrong...obviously this depends what make you are buying into, some (dealers and manufacturers) care about their customers others don't.

If the dealer gets virtually nothing out the deal they won't be too bothered should anything go wrong in due course.