FIAT Grande Punto - Grande Punto 1.9JTD Sporting MAF sensor issue HELP - Woddy321

Hello all..

I have a 2007 Grande Punto 1.9 diesel sporting with the engine management light on, car runs perfect no funny hickups etc although the fuel consumption has gone fairly bad. I have had it plugged in, which came back being fault code P0111 and P0101 which indicates that the air flow metre is at fault (lack of voltage supplied). I have had another air flow metre from a car breakers and still the fault is still coming up on the diagnostics. I really must point out that the 4 pin plug that goes into the BOSCH MAF sensor was plugged in back to front which I have only just discovered as I have only had the car a week. I have now plugged it in the right way and I really thought that was going to cure the problem, however after my 3rd plug in diagnostics at my local garage it still says there is the same fault. Being plugged in the wrong way am I know too late, has it blown both MAF sensors?? Or is there something else I am over looking?? Possibly the sensor I purchased was faulty, but surely both sensors being faulty is unlikely.

All help and advise would be very much appreciated

Marcus

FIAT Grande Punto - Grande Punto 1.9JTD Sporting MAF sensor issue HELP - elekie&a/c doctor

What voltage are you missing?The 12 volt supply to the unit or its output voltage from the maf?

FIAT Grande Punto - Grande Punto 1.9JTD Sporting MAF sensor issue HELP - Woddy321
Thanks for the reply. I did do a test on the "newer" maf and the earth is not showing any millivolts but rarely it was show 0.1 then would go back to zero. Also when I prodded the volt metre probe down the socket I did here it short out as i must of touched the next one in line to it aswel, then it wasn't showing anything on the volt metre on any of the 4 wire/pins. Which led me to believe maybe the maf sensor give up the ghost from the shorting? I think maybe the plug into the MAF being plugged in the wrong way to start with has done damage to something.

The voltage supply was showing 12.75 or something like that when I first tried it

Cheers

Edited by Woddy321 on 19/12/2013 at 17:39