Fiesta 1.4 Style - Used Fiesta - partial service history - Padmeister

I'm looking at buying a second hand Fiesta for my son from a Ford Main Dealer. It's a 2006 with very low mileage (28,000)and it's in pretty good nick. The only downer is the partial service history.

It had it's first service at 1800 miles in 07 but the next one wasn't until 2011 (21,000miles).

I guess my question is for people with experience of Fiesta petrol engines. Are they susceptible to issues if the services have been missed like that or are they pretty robust?

If I can get it at the right price, should I worry?

Hope you folks can help :)

Fiesta 1.4 Style - Used Fiesta - partial service history - gordonbennet

Some people don't always keep service histories up to date, some self service, me for one, my old MB has very little history but its been every year into my MB indy for a full service for the past 11 years and i've done several in between plus other work, maybe this Fiesta has been similarly treated better than main dealer history, also possible the Ford service system has service history on computer but the previous owner failed to take the book in for stamping.

Thing is unless you can find out for sure why take the risk, there's thousands of Fiestas for sale.

Fiesta 1.4 Style - Used Fiesta - partial service history - Padmeister

Very good points - thanks.

I'll quiz the dealer about the history and any receipts.

Fiesta 1.4 Style - Used Fiesta - partial service history - Collos25

A lot of company cars are service by a third party company such as Kwick Fit they normally do stamp the service book but will provide a print out if asked.I look at the brake discs ,tyres,trim for wear relative to the mileage as a first look.Today I looked at around 20 cars only one had new discs plenty of cars with odd tyres panels that had been resprayed in common they all had full service history in my opinion eyes are better than a load of printed lies .