For mondeo tdci - Coil light coming on - andy 1989
Hi can anyone help sometimes when going to start car the coil lights don't go out so u can't start the car the mileage on dash changes to just lines after a few tries it will start that one problem next problem

When driving along the coil light and engine light will flash up for a second then go off the car will jurk and it's ok after that no power loss but a bit down the road it will happen again it doesn't go into limp mode or anything but if u at standstill and it happens it cuts out but will start straight away

Can anyone help as it's doing my head in trying to find what it can be its on a 07 plate 130bhp 6speed box it's drives like new until it jurks

Edited by andy 1989 on 10/12/2013 at 11:32

Any suggestions please
For mondeo tdci - Coil light coming on - elekie&a/c doctor

First thing I would do is get the battery tested.

Would that make it jurk when driving
For mondeo tdci - Coil light coming on - Collos25

Yes it would if you have to replace it make sure you get one that is made for Ford Mondeos also a faulty EGR valve would have the same effect.

For mondeo tdci - Coil light coming on - riceyjag
I have the jaguar x type with the Mondeo tdci engine in it but every now and then it flashes on the coil light and then cuts out but its starts and runs perfect until it feels like doing it again..confused.com isn't the word..?.anyone answer this one please...
When I got the car it's got a bigger battery than normal and Iv put a second hand egr valve on and it was oryt for two weeks then started again

Here mate mine been happening a while it's a head buster
For mondeo tdci - Coil light coming on - Collos25

When I got the car it's got a bigger battery than normal and Iv put a second hand egr valve on and it was oryt for two weeks then started again

Here mate mine been happening a while it's a head buster.

The correct battery and a new EGR valve or an incorrect battery and a second hand ERG valve, The answer is there somewhere I think.

Today went to start the car dead all electrics worked find just wouldn't even try to turn over Iv had someone to look at it battery is fine messed about with all the wires see if they where on problem all seemed ok still would start kept try then all of a sudden started but cut out straight away happend 3 times then now it's oryt

So still no further forward
Riceyjag did u ever gets yours sorts cos mine doesn't start now
For mondeo tdci - Coil light coming on - spawney

Have you had the fuel filter changed recently, at least two cabs on our circuit have had the same symptoms caused by low fuel pressure cos the filter is blocked, most people including garages dont change them unless asked as it is a difficult and time consuming task bleeding the fuel system to get the air out. If it aint been changed in a while i would put money on that being the culprit