KIA cee'd - Mute Kia Dealers - lemmy

So far I have emailed 3 Kia dealers via their web sites to enquire whether the Cee'd has space under the boot for a full size spare wheel.My decision to buy or not depends on an affirmative answer.

Not one of them has bothered to reply. Life must be easy for car salesmen these days if they don't need to follow up queries. I don't feel inclined to buy a car make which has such lackadaisical dealerships.

I wonder why they have email addresses and forms?

KIA cee'd - Mute Kia Dealers - oldtoffee

My experience is that the sales or service guys often don't see the emails because they are received into a general address and whoever is charged with reading and dealing with them isn't overly bothered. Of course that is still bad form and could discourage many. I'd suggest a phone call to a sales person will get a better result but it will mean annoyingly that you'll have to hand over your contact details so he or she can keep in touch. If the phone call approach also bombs then they should be consigned to trash.

KIA cee'd - Mute Kia Dealers - RT

Some car brand websites are operated by the manufacturer/importer who then direct emails to the dealer you thought you were looking at - except the emails often disappear into a black hole.

KIA cee'd - Mute Kia Dealers - diddy1234

Give Kia UK a call on 0845 6017521

they are very helpfull and helped me out on a couple of questions

KIA cee'd - Mute Kia Dealers - skidpan

Why not do what we did when we bought our Ceed SW, go along to a Kia showroom and have a look and take some measurements. Kia dealers are very helpful, you only have to visit one.

For your info a full size spare fits fine.You loose the ability to fit the pretty useless plastic tray thgat goes on top of the space saver and the floor is about 1/2 inch higher than standard. But it works fine when we go on holiday when carrying a fullsize spare in my book is essential, don't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with a fully loaded car and a bike wheel. The rest of the time the spacesaver is just fine.

KIA cee'd - Mute Kia Dealers - gordonbennet

The cynic in me wonders if they've been taking lessons from our political leaders.

They've decided that you won't have a spare wheel at all if possible, but grudgingly you might be allowed the use of a BMX bicycle tyre if you're a good boy.

Maybe, like politicians, they don't want to hear protests, or don't want to answer questions that might give the game away, they just press delete instead and carry on telling those who keep them in pay perks and expenses whats best for them.

:-))

KIA cee'd - Mute Kia Dealers - lemmy

Just called a Kia dealer who tells me you cannot fit a full size spare!

I make 3 trips to the south of France and back a year, 750 miles each way and when I'm there I'm out in the sticks. The dealer says punctures hardly ever happen these days. I've had two in three years, one at midnight on the autoroute between Chateauxroux and Limoges, another when I found a large screw had pentetrated the tyrewall. They may be unusual but they do happen.

It's funny that as cars get faster and more capable, they are more and more built for people who don't do any serious driving.

KIA cee'd - Mute Kia Dealers - galileo

The Hyundai i30 is pretty much the same as the Ceed, mine came with a full size alloy spare and useful stowage trays both sides of the wheel well, under the lift-up boot floor. I'd guess the Ceed has similar space.

KIA cee'd - Mute Kia Dealers - Gordon17

We test drove a Cee'd about 4 years ago, while the scrappage scheme was on. We liked it and went in to talk about the deal. The salesman kept trying to sell us their demonstrator, telling us we could have that on the scrappage scheme (which was not true), and pretty much refused to answer a very straight question of how much cash, plus my wife's old car, we had to hand over for a brand new car. He kept leaving us sitting on our own for 10 minutes at a time while he went to see his boss before returning with a piece of paper with a finance deal on it, despite us telling him we were paying cash.

So in the end we walked out and went to the Hyundai dealer down the road, asked the same question, got a straight answer, and paid a deposit on an i30 which we've had 4 years this week. Only had one problem with it, which was fixed under warranty. It took 5 weeks, but they lent us a Tuscon which I really liked, so we didn't mind.

KIA cee'd - Mute Kia Dealers - RT

He kept leaving us sitting on our own for 10 minutes at a time while he went to see his boss before returning with a piece of paper with a finance deal on it, despite us telling him we were paying cash.

That is the most obnoxious trick the motor trade uses - if the salesman really isn't authorised to do deals himself, sack him and put the sales manager in front of the customer - if the salesman is authorised to deals (of course he/she is) then stop taking the p**s.

KIA cee'd - Mute Kia Dealers - Snakey

He kept leaving us sitting on our own for 10 minutes at a time while he went to see his boss before returning with a piece of paper with a finance deal on it, despite us telling him we were paying cash.

That is the most obnoxious trick the motor trade uses - if the salesman really isn't authorised to do deals himself, sack him and put the sales manager in front of the customer - if the salesman is authorised to deals (of course he/she is) then stop taking the p**s.

True, if I've ever been looking at a car and the salesman does the 'having a word with the manager' trick I give them about 5 minutes before I just leave it. If they can't give you an answer then why are they there? Presumably they let you wait to hope you'll get excited by the possible purchase of a new car and be pleased whatever they come back with!

KIA cee'd - Mute Kia Dealers - Avant

Just say to the salesman "Please bring your manager back with you to talk to me. If he/she won't come, I walk out".