Hyundai Tucson 2005 - Knocking sound when accelerating - TriciaA

I had 2 new front tyres replaced on my car yesterday and since then I am hearing a slight knocking sound coming from the front of the car whilst driving. I pulled over today when I heard this as thought perhaps I had a flat tyre, they were fine.

I can only hear this when I push on the accelerator, once I take my foot off, no noise. It may not be anything to do with the tyre change, but I find it strange that it's happening since then.

Would be grateful for a little input please.

Thanks

Tricia

Hyundai Tucson 2005 - Knocking sound when accelerating - Wolfan

Check the wheel nuts are tight first, if they are then get it looked at by a mechanic. If they are loose tell the people who fitted the tyres and make sure the wheels have not been damaged before you drive it again.

Hyundai Tucson 2005 - Knocking sound when accelerating - TriciaA

Thank you for your reply, I shall take it down tomorrow and have them check it out

Hyundai Tucson 2005 - Knocking sound when accelerating - Collos25

If you had not mentioned a tyre change it would sound like the start of bigend failure.

Hyundai Tucson 2005 - Knocking sound when accelerating - Wolfan

Thank you for your reply, I shall take it down tomorrow and have them check it out

Before you drive it again please make sure that the wheel nuts aren't loose, if they are get the tyre co. to come out to you.

Hyundai Tucson 2005 - Knocking sound when accelerating - Cyd

Surely there's a wheel brace in the boot to at least make sure they aren't loose???

General question: do cars without a spare, also have no tools in the boot (in particular a wheel brace) ???

Hyundai Tucson 2005 - Knocking sound when accelerating - RT

AFAIK a Hyundai of that age will have had a full-size alloy spare as standard, plus a jack, wheelbrace, etc.