Citroen Relay 2.2Hdi Van - 10 plate Citroen Relay won't start - ravskin

Sorry for asking for help on my first post, but i'm in a bit of a fix.

Van was running fine, pulled up turn it off and when i went to restart it - nothing.

The dash lights come on, the glow plug light comes on and after that goes out, when the key is turned absolutely nothing. It doesn't even try and start.

Changed the starter motor - same fault.

It will start with jump leads but not using its own battery.

Changed the battery - same fault.

Symptons suggest i'm not getting live from battery or ignition to starter motor.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Citroen Relay 2.2Hdi Van - 10 plate Citroen Relay won't start - elekie&a/c doctor

Sounds like a bad connection at the battery.Is this van fitted with a multi connection fuse block on top of the positive battery terminal?If it has,then it could be one of the block fuses blown.

Citroen Relay 2.2Hdi Van - 10 plate Citroen Relay won't start - ravskin

Thanks. Yes it is, there are 3 fuses on the top. They didn't look blown, I'll get my tester on them. Cheers

Citroen Relay 2.2Hdi Van - 10 plate Citroen Relay won't start - sneekyparrot

Hi, I know this is an old thread but wondered if you ever got to bottom of the problem. I have exact same problem!

Citroen Relay 2.2Hdi Van - 10 plate Citroen Relay won't start - Peter D

Are you connecting the jump leads directly on the battery terminal of are you using some metal work for the negative connection. If so you may have an earthing problem. Regards Peter

Citroen Relay 2.2Hdi Van - 10 plate Citroen Relay won't start - sneekyparrot

No Peter, connecting jump leads makes no difference. Basically you turn ignition on but when you go to start it does nothing, no attempt at engaging starter.

Bump start no problem.

Today it would not open the doors from the fob.

i think its a bcu / bsi issue as i followed a reset technique and it's all working ok at moment.

cheers