jaguar x type estate 2007 2.0d - x type poor starting and smoke - carlxtype

Hi

I have a x type 2.0d 2007 and i am having problems with the car on startup. When i start the car it is very lumpy like it was n't firing on all cylinders or something like, also it kicks out a good cloud of smoke (white/blue) . It soon settles down after 1 or 2 mins and then runs fine when warm. I have had all glow plugs replaced recently, EGR is blanked off and i have had a friend use diagnostics on it (snapon diagnostics) with no fault codes. If the car is kept over night in my workplace garage (warmish) it doesn't smoke as bad or is as lumpy but there is still smothing there. If i take off oil filler (when not running) when its been running for a while there is what you could say is smoke coming out and also from dip stick. its really annoying me now and would love to get to the bottom of this, any help would be brilliant!!!

Thanks for your help

Carl

jaguar x type estate 2007 2.0d - x type poor starting and smoke - elekie&a/c doctor

I would suggest you get the injectors tested, and the fuel filter replaced.hth

jaguar x type estate 2007 2.0d - x type poor starting and smoke - Kev111

Hi Carl, just before you go spend any money, I've had some interesting faults on these later ford systems! Could you let us know if any work has been done on the vehicle just before the fault started or did you buy it like that?

Regards Kev