peugeot 206 hdi 1.6 gt - antipollution filter - johnnyfive95

hi,can anyone help,

i need to clean the antipollution filter on my peugeot 206 hdi 1.6 gt,can anyone tell me where it is located, also, i need to know where the container is for the EOLYS luquid and how to get to it to fill it,

cheers

peugeot 206 hdi 1.6 gt - antipollution filter - skidpan

If you are referring to the DPF you cannot clean it in the normal sense. When it needs cleaning the car will carry out a regen and burn off the soot particles. They eventually do become blocked, sometimes a dealer forced regen will sort it but in other instances a new DPF is the only solution, unfortunately they are not cheap.

No idea where the Eolys container is.

peugeot 206 hdi 1.6 gt - antipollution filter - Armitage Shanks {p}

EOLYS tank is plastic, about 5 litres, and in the boot, behind the trim in the area of the fuel filler cap. It is very unpleasant liquid, £25 a litre I think, and you are well advised to let a garage do it. It will only be 30 minutes labour and special tols are needed.

What Skidpan says about regeneration is correct. Either get the garage to "Force" one or drive your car for about 10 minutes at something over 3000rpm ie a dual carriageway in 3rd or 4th gear.

What makes you think the DPF is clogged? It can be if the car is only used for short runs. I have a 1.6 Hdi 110 with 120K on the clock and I have had no trouble with the EOLYS or PDF, other than replensishing the EOLYS

peugeot 206 hdi 1.6 gt - antipollution filter - skidpan

What Skidpan says about regeneration is correct. Either get the garage to "Force" one or drive your car for about 10 minutes at something over 3000rpm ie a dual carriageway in 3rd or 4th gear.

On most cars that is not correct, but on Peugeots with Eolys it may be different. To get the DPF to regenerate you need a temp of 600 degrees and if the exhaust gas speed is too high that is not possible. In both cars we have owned or still own with a DPF the handbook clearly states that if the dash warning light comes on drive at a speed over 37 mph for 20 to 30 minutes with the revs between 1600 and 2000.

peugeot 206 hdi 1.6 gt - antipollution filter - Armitage Shanks {p}

Yes - PSA Diesels with EOLYS have different parameters to force a regen, other than getting a dealer to do it.

peugeot 206 hdi 1.6 gt - antipollution filter - Gibbo_Wirral

Some good advice posted so far. I can add that if you'd like a cheaper solution than seeing the dealer you can buy a cheaper DPF from CATS2U and then get a Pug enthusiast with the Planet software and Lexia diagnostics hardware to tell the car its had a new filter.

There's a map of owners here:

maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214397633218647067111...e

Oh, and the forced regen on a Peugeot is to keep the revs above 3000 for 15-20 minutes.

I'd recommend 4th gear on a motorway in the evening. If the revs drop below 3000 the process is aborted.

peugeot 206 hdi 1.6 gt - antipollution filter - Bromptonaut

Oh, and the forced regen on a Peugeot is to keep the revs above 3000 for 15-20 minutes.

I'd recommend 4th gear on a motorway in the evening. If the revs drop below 3000 the process is aborted.

Do the current PSA HDi engines still use EOLYS (our 2013 'lingo has a 115PS 1.6)?

There's no specific mention of it in the handbook and other literature suggests the DPF is maintenance free. Had no issues with it so far but with both offspring at Uni it gets out on the Motorway fairly often

If there are EOLYS and post EOLYS DPF systems then that would account for differing advice on how driver can 'force' a regen.

It was a tank on the early models then went to a non-refillable bag or pouch, although I have heard that some people have managed to refil them.

I've just had a look at a 207 with a DPF on Peugeot servicebox and found its still listed as being present - ADDITIVE POUCH at £97.

I've had two Pugs with the DPF system and never had a problem. If you keep up your maintenance and its the right car for the job (BBCs Watchdog covered DPFs on town pootling diesels) then you should be OK.

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 07/11/2013 at 14:10