2009 Nissan Micra 1.2 - Heater Matrix - dlj

Do you think a car under 4 years old and less than 35,000 miles should require a Heater Matrix?

I have owned my Nissan Micra 1.2 n-tec with FSH from new but it has just needed a new Heater Matrix with £800 bill and no goodwill from Nissan as my garage (the original supplier of the car and Nissan dealer for over 20 years is no longer franchised).

Apparently if I had driven to a Nissan dealer about 20 miles away they may have considerd it, this despite the fact I had lost a significant amount of coolant and that my local garage were previously a Nissan dealership until 18 months ago and still use Nissan trained mechanics and parts means no good will.

Very disappointed with Nissan and despite owning several Nissans and about to purchase a new replacement for the Micra they have lost my business in the future, very poor customer service.

2009 Nissan Micra 1.2 - Heater Matrix - Collos25

"Apparently if I had driven to a Nissan dealer about 20 miles away they may have considerd it"

You have answered your own question if you have a problem with a Nissan then you go to Nissan.

Perhaps I was naive in thinking the Nissan Dealer who had sold the car from new and serviced it up until it gave up the franchise might have been acceptable?

In 35 years of driving including numerous high mileage company cars, I have never had a heater matrix (apparently it was a pin hole sized leak) go, it cannot be down to misuse, the car has a FSH so in view of that I did think Nissan would have made some sort of contribution.

2009 Nissan Micra 1.2 - Heater Matrix - daveyK_UK

Hi,

how much to put it right?

Is this 3rd Gen Micra or is it the current 4th gen?

2009 Nissan Micra 1.2 - Heater Matrix - Collos25

It does not work like that you should have taken it a genuine Nissan dealer it does not mater about were you used to take it if they are not agents any more.

2009 Nissan Micra 1.2 - Heater Matrix - elekie&a/c doctor

A leaking heater matrix usually results in coolant in the footwells and/or a pungent smell of antifreeze.Is this the case on your car?

It cost £700 to put right 4 hrs labour to take dash out etc matrix was £360 ish .
Plus seals coolant etc.
It is the last of the previous generation bought new in Dec 09.

I had a wet drivers side footwell and smell of coolant etc as described above.