Toyota iQ - pulsating power problem - Darryl_uk

IQ3 1.33. Intermittent problem where power appears to pulsate. This can be at steady speed or when accelerating. It can happen when the car is cold or after many miles. It is as if the power is rapidly coming and going. It is not a violent jerk - more of a seasickness causing 'wobble / shudder'. The car has done 50k miles, fsh. Problem first started proably about 6 months ago and is, I believe, getting more frequent and more noticable.

Many thanks

Toyota iQ - pulsating power problem - Collos25

There is a known fault on the exhaust and catalysator this fault has been discovered by Toyota and is subject to a recall.This may or may not be your fault but its a good palce to start as it shows all the symptoms of this fault.

Toyota iQ - pulsating power problem - Darryl_uk

Hi, I can't find any mention of this recall anywhere - do you have a link, or a google search term that should find it for me?

Many thanks

Toyota iQ - pulsating power problem - Collos25

If you look at the HJ car reviews the egr/cat fault is listed there with a link to more problems in the IQ forums.I live in Germany and if you google the problem it fetches up numerous egr and cat problems.