Cancelled Car Insurance Admin Charge - patfig

Hi Guys

I hope this is the correct section for this. I recently got an online insurance quote from one of those websites that searches all of the supliers and gives you a list of prices. I liked the look of the quote from Be Wiser so I clicked the buy now button and off we went.

Be Wiser charged my credit card and then sent me by email some documents one of which was called a statement of fact. This document had some wrong information on it. I checked the info that had been entered into the all searching website and it was correct BUT the info Be Wiser sent me back was different. I called them and told them and they then informed me it would be an extra £200 for cover.

At that point I cancelled the policy and asked for a refund. Be Wiser refunded me ( eventually) butchaged me a £30 admin fee. I was and am really deeply upset by this as this was not my mistake.

My question is do I have a case to claim my £30 back possibly by the small claims court.

Cancelled Car Insurance Admin Charge - Graham567

As far as i'm aware its will cost you at least £300 to go to small claims court.I've heard its about £30 to start the proceedings where they notify the other party that you intend to sue but if they still ignore you then the full cost of above comes into play.So realistically its not worth going to court for any less that £500.

Can you not claim your money back under the 7 day cooling off period where you can cancel and get your money back.

It sounds to me that this company are making mistakes on purpose and making money out of charging the customer cancellation fees.I could be wrong but i'm won't be using them in the near future.

As far as i'm aware its will cost you at least £300 to go to small claims court.I've heard its about £30 to start the proceedings where they notify the other party that you intend to sue but if they still ignore you then the full cost of above comes into play.So realistically its not worth going to court for any less that £500.

Can you not claim your money back under the 7 day cooling off period where you can cancel and get your money back.

It sounds to me that this company are making mistakes on purpose and making money out of charging the customer cancellation fees.I could be wrong but i'm won't be using them in the near future.

When they asked me why I had cancelled my policy ( and they dragged it out past 7 days) I said " I have decided to Be Wiser"

Cancelled Car Insurance Admin Charge - daveyjp
Check the insurance ombudsman website and see if they have ruled on similar situations.
Cancelled Car Insurance Admin Charge - John Boy

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3724...1

Thanks John Boy.

It;s time to see if I can reciprocate the stress and time wasting they have caused me and get my £30 back to boot!!

Cancelled Car Insurance Admin Charge - John Boy

Thanks John Boy.

It;s time to see if I can reciprocate the stress and time wasting they have caused me and get my £30 back to boot!!

I've only read parts of the topic in the link, but the post on September 19th suggests that you could well succeed. Incidentally, I found the link by typing "be wise car insurance problems" into Google.

Cancelled Car Insurance Admin Charge - Armitage Shanks {p}

If you paid by credit card you may have redress via your card issuer. Getting a payment refunded uses a process called "Chargeback". I was charged a £25 "Policy amenedment fee" for asking to go abroad for a week and £3 a day as well, - cheapest is rarely best (for sure) if you get my drift?

Cancelled Car Insurance Admin Charge - Doc

As far as i'm aware its will cost you at least £300 to go to small claims court.I've heard its about £30 to start the proceedings

The initial court fee is £25 (on line)

Any further fees can be recovered from the person you are suing in the small claims court.

www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview

Cancelled Car Insurance Admin Charge - Chris M

Was the £30 100% admin fee or was it partly a pro rata charge for the period from inception to when you cancelled. You would have had cover, so why shouldn't you pay for it?

Edited by Chris M on 21/09/2013 at 21:48

Cancelled Car Insurance Admin Charge - barney100

Presumably you paid by creidt card, if so then get in touch with them and they can sort it out for you......they have enormous clout.

Cancelled Car Insurance Admin Charge - Falkirk Bairn

IIRC

15 day cooling off period - you can cancel and get a full refund - unless you made a claim in the 15 days.

Job done!

Cancelled Car Insurance Admin Charge - martint123

15 day cooling off period - you can cancel and get a full refund - unless you made a claim in the 15 days.

Not according to CAB tinyurl.com/lw6qv4x

You should get a refund of any premiums you have already paid. However, your insurer may take off a small amount to cover days when the policy was in force. They may also charge you a small administration fee.