Headlight Bulbs - Peter Newens
Is it correct that EU Regs., state that you should be able to change a headlight bulb within 20 mins in a dimly lit street. I have a Seat Alhambra and the handbook states that headlight bulbs should be changed by the dealer, the reason being that it is almost impossible for the owner to manipulate the bulb out
Peter Newens
Headlight Bulbs - David Lacey
I'm afraid I've never heard of it......but it could be true knowing certain EU regulations!!!
Headlight Bulbs - David Lacey
Also see the earlier threads with reference to Xenon bulbs as found in Audi,BMW,Vauxhall etc etc
Bulbs at £70+VAT a time and definately dealer fit only due to the high voltages involved.......
Re: Headlight Bulbs - Ashley
It's the same with the new model Polo and Golf. It says in the owner handbook that bulbs should be replaced only by the dealer.

It seems that owner maintenance is a thing of the past !

Regards,

Ash.
Re: Headlight Bulbs - Darcy Kitchin
Headlamps are OK on the Citroen Synergie, but the o/s rear lamps can only be accessed after the removal of the CD player. Never tried it, hope I don't have to. Gives a new slant to "I sold the car 'cos the ashtrays were full".
Re: Headlight Bulbs - John Slaughter
Peter

I'm sure I read somewhere that EU regs require that bulb replacement should be possible 'without using tools'. Hence the demise of all the screws in the lenses whixh used to rust away so the screw driver had nothing to grip on. Add on CD stackers are not in the maker control, but the issue of gas-discharge lamps is interesting - I bet there's a get-out clause somewhere, probably on expect time betwen failures for these lamps.

As for stating the dealer should change bulbs, well, I guess it's just a ploy to get more work, although I have found that many cars are very difficult esp. for the headlamp bulbs. Probably a case of abiding by the spirit, but not the rule of the regulations.

regards

john
John
In this case the CD equipment is factory fitted
Re: Headlight Bulbs - John Slaughter
Darcy

Interesting. I bet the get-out is that the regs only apply to the lamp itself.

Regards

john
Yes,
Wondeer what Citoen Assist would say if called out to change a bulb.
Probably unprintable ;-)