N/A - New Registration a Question - dixgas

Knowing some dealers and x dealers contribute some very good advise to this forum, my question is, having ordered a new car from a dealer in the next county to mine would it be possible to register it on my county prefix instead the one from were the dealer is located.

D

N/A - New Registration a Question - skidpan

All you have to do is buy a plate from the DVLA.

All you have to do is buy a plate from the DVLA.

Thanks for the reply skidpan

Yes I have checked that route, but it would cost a min. £399.

I know dealers are giving a list of regs. to use, could they asked a dealer in my county for one of their's?.

D

N/A - New Registration a Question - tanvir

Why does it matter? It's just a letter.

N/A - New Registration a Question - Dwight Van Driver

Has the dealer another outlet in your county so that they can oblige with your wishes?

dvd

N/A - New Registration a Question - Collos25

Who cares what the registration is?

Edited by Avant on 10/09/2013 at 22:33

Thanks for your replys guys, and for dvd more constructive proposal, maybe you are right it is just two letters but there again the dealers in Newcastle and I don't won't people to think I'm a geordie.

N/A - New Registration a Question - Simon

I wouldn't worry about it either!

N/A - New Registration a Question - Drivethru

It could be worse, they could think you are a mackem.

but there again the dealers in Newcastle and I don't won't people to think I'm a geordie.

Maybe you should go into the dealership in Newcastle and tell them that.

As others have said who'sbothered.

N/A - New Registration a Question - Avant

The N prefix covers all of the North-East, not just Newcastle, although I can't see what's wrong with coming from a city where people have worked hard and generally successfully to get through economic hardship.

The alternatives would be P (Preston and Cumbria), Y (Yorkshire) or S (the whole of Scotland). It's no longer done by individual counties.

Anyway, very few people are going to notice the first letter of your registration number.

Avant

The georgie reference was my attempt at a joke.

D

OK - so we can assume that the whole thread is a joke. No problem!

N/A - New Registration a Question - thunderbird

The OP is yet another muppet who will never post again.

I'm not a muppet and I have been registered with this site for over ten years but only make a post when I have something relevant to say.

I asked a genuine question and didn't expect replys such as " whocares " or " it's only a number " I may have a sound reason for having the prefix of my own county, why make a post if you have nothing constructive to say.

I think in future I will stick to the Lexus Owners Club site much more civilized people.

D

N/A - New Registration a Question - leef

Mods, you need to get a grip of this crap and abuse on this site.

People calling him a 'muppet' for asking a genuine question?

And the "who cares"....

and the "lets treat the whole thread as a joke then"

It's a disgrace, it didn't used to be like this on here, banter yes, a good disagreement and points raised, yes, but usually we a showed a bit of common courtesy. Seems everyones a tough guy behind a keyboard these days. If you don't like the thread, don't respond, but calling the chap for a genuine question!? sort it out.

Lee

Mods, you need to get a grip of this crap and abuse on this site.

People calling him a 'muppet' for asking a genuine question?

And the "who cares"....

and the "lets treat the whole thread as a joke then"

It's a disgrace, it didn't used to be like this on here, banter yes, a good disagreement and points raised, yes, but usually we a showed a bit of common courtesy. Seems everyones a tough guy behind a keyboard these days. If you don't like the thread, don't respond, but calling the chap for a genuine question!? sort it out.

Lee

The reply "OK - so we can assume that the whole thread is a joke. No problem" was posted by a moderator, even he thinks its a joke.

Very helpful of him...... lets "assume" the whole things a joke due to one comment. The OP was trying to put some humour into the thread after the "who cares" etc. Such a friendly bunch these days.

The system will not let me edit my last post but to add to it:

Message for the OP, perhaps you could tell us the real reason for not wanting a car registered in the North East. Maybe then you would get a serious answer.

Forgot, I gave you a serious answer at the top of the thread but you didn't want to spend the money.

I agree with Skidpan.

Dixgas, it's offensive and unnecessary to call you a muppet; but it's not unreasonable to suggest that very few people notice the first letter of a car's registration number unless it's their job to do so.

I apologise if we haven't taken this as seriously as we should (although I did try to give you a sensible answer further up the thread): but I do think you'd have got more constructive and serious answers if you'd said what the issue was.

Edited by Avant on 09/09/2013 at 13:58

Thank you Avant for your courteous reply and may I also apologise if a upset any of our friends in the NE with my attempt at a joke, which drivethu seen for what it was with is reference to makems who I know are from Sunderland.

I have no overwhelming reason for my own county's prefix I just thought if I could I would, if it was not to much trouble.

I thought a dealer on the forum might have been able to give me a definite yes or no so as not to apear a bit of a prat to the suppling dealer.

D

N/A - New Registration a Question - Drivethru

Well said dixgas, don't worry about upsetting us geordies, we have a good sense of humour and are not easily offended. I can understand why you want a number plate to reflect where you live, my current plate is the first NE one I've had and I'm very proud of it.

Thankyou Drivethru for your understanding post, I worked for a number of years for a firm with it's head office in Newcastle and did a few training days in your fair city and can confirm your friendlines as well your afore mentioned sense of humour, as you have shown here.

It would apear I will just have to ask the dealer and possibly make a prat of myself.

D

Thankyou leef for your supportive post, it would apear there are some gentlemen left.

D

N/A - New Registration a Question - leaseman

Sorry that you've had to wait 3 days for a straight answer dixgas. A Newcastle dealer will only be able to use a number allocated to him by the DVLA - that will begin with an N and the second letter will be from the first half of the alphabet A to M excepting the letter I.

Thankyou leaseman for a definitive answer and saving me from showing my ignorant in such matters, I will just have to cultivate a NE accent.

Thanks again

D

No problem mate, all got sorted in the end. Hope it doesn't deter you from coming back.

cheers

Lee

N/A - New Registration a Question - dan86

I habe only recently joined this forum but have followed it for some time and iv found some members can be very rude because they dont like your opinion or it contradicts there opinion.

I habe only recently joined this forum but have followed it for some time and iv found some members can be very rude because they dont like your opinion or it contradicts there opinion.

If you cannot accept that different posters may have opinions that differ to yours forums are not the place for you.

In real life off forums (yes the real world still exists believe it or not) be it at home or in the office people have differing opinions.

When i post I post my personal opinion, if people don't like it tough.

N/A - New Registration a Question - dan86

I know every one has different opinions im not stupid but in another thred I posted something and another member said I was chatting b****ks because they didn't agree with what I said and it seems to me alot of people on hete like to call names because some one doesn't agree with them.

N/A - New Registration a Question - Andrew-T

When i post I post my personal opinion, if people don't like it tough.

Most of us post our personal opinions, and I seem to remember agreeing with yours once or twice, Skidpan. It's just that some of us may have a bit more tact than others. Ramming an opinion down people's throats doesn't necessarily reinforce it - maybe the opposite.

Ramming an opinion down people's throats doesn't necessarily reinforce it -

Wouldn't dream of ramming anything down your throat.