Audi A4 B6 - Please give me advice on what to do? - unhappy audi girl
Just a bit of advice really regarding legal rights on rejecting a car...

I purchased a 59 plate audi a4 with 75k on clock
Drove home 180 miles and had warning lights flash within a day, advised the garage, within one week had to fill 3lts oil! Not normal.

Garage firstly advised to refer to independent audi, they found spark plug no3 sat in oil a sign I'm told that piston rings need replacing cost of 1500!
Advised garage they said need verification is that issue but will assist with cost to fix...
Only problem is the car may have further issues due to the excess oil consumption. Independent report completed and shows excess oil in engine and also oil in cylinders.

My issue is I want to return the car for a ill refund b the owner is stating no I have to give them the opportunity to repair.

I have sent an email and letter rejecting the car within 14 days of purchasing but feel I am being bullied.

The garage refuse to refund as they state not a major fault as car can still be driven, even though I am not driving it as scared of damage being caused.

Can anyone please advise as really do not want to go to court I just want m money back
Audi A4 B6 - Please give me advice on what to do? - FP

Sorry to hear of your predicament.

I suggest you read www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/

where it seems that maybe the garage is correct in saying they should be given a chance to rectify the fault. If they do so, you will not lose your right to reject the car later on if there are still problems. However, from reading the advice from HJ, it still seems to be less than completely clear what your options are, though the small claims court may ultimately be the only option.

Perhaps someone more experienced will be able to comment?

Edited by FP on 28/08/2013 at 11:16

Audi A4 B6 - Please give me advice on what to do? - Peter D
"had warning lights flash " what lights exactly. Was this the oil low warning. 3 Ltrs is a lot of oil. When the garage said the spark plug was sat in oil, I suspect they meant the recess that the plus sits in was full of oil. This would be due to a cam cover oil seal leak. Does the car drop oil on the road when you have been parked up.
If the plugs were oily in the cylinders you would be belching smoke which you make no mention of.

Regards Peter
Audi A4 B6 - Please give me advice on what to do? - galileo

Independent report completed and shows excess oil in engine and also oil in cylinders.

OP states "added 3 litres of oil", if this only brought the level to "full" on the dipstick, where did the excess oil found come from?