Tyre repairable or not? - Miller
I have noticed a nail in one of my tyres. It is located right at the top of the tyre wall just before the tread pattern starts, is it repairable? I don't want to go to a fat fit place just for them to try it on and say I need a new one, as it cost 80 quid new and is hardly worn.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Im a loser baby....so why don't you kill me?!
Tyre repairable or not? - smokie
Only my personal view, tyres are so paramount to safety that I would be inclined to get it changed whether or not it is classed as repairable.
Tyre repairable or not? - terryb
I don't know where you are in the UK, but I've always found Chessington Tyres or ATS very genuine in their assessment of this sort of thing. Of course, if you're near Micheldever that's even better!

Terry
Tyre repairable or not? - Dwight Van Driver
You will never know until you seek the advice of the experts.

Do not compromise on safety as suggested. There are no pockets in a shroud.

DVD
Tyre repairable or not? - No Do$h
I seem to recall that if the puncture is within a certain distance of the sidewall it is NOT repairable. From what you describe it's a non-starter.

Sorry.
No Dosh
Tyre repairable or not? - Toad, of Toad Hall.
If it's in the tread area you can mend it. If it's on the wall of the tyre you can't.

Yours sound too close to the wall to me.
--
These are my own opinions, and not necessarily those of all Toads.
Tyre repairable or not? - smokie
Of course, if it is deemed repairable and your spare is sound then you can swap and have the repaired one in the boot for emergency use only.
Tyre repairable or not? - Dynamic Dave
Similar question has been asked before. Check out www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=i&t=92...4
Tyre repairable or not? - lauriew
Agree with nodosh. Punctures within a certain distance of side wall cannot be vulcanised due to curvature of tyre tread/wall.
You MAY be able to persuade a repair and fit a tube, but I wouldn`t risk it.
Tyre repairable or not? - Beesmart
Hi,Miller.,
Try going into this site www.ultraseal.biz --I have got it in all my tyres,and hopefully all I have to worry about is checking the tyres twice a year. and doing an extra 40% miles on the tyres, which is better for my pocket .
Tyre repairable or not? - Miller
Hi, thanks for all the replies, I am taking it in tomorrow (or should that be later today) for the verdict, looks like I will be shelling out for a new one though :-(

Im a loser baby....so why don't you kill me?!