NIssan Qashqai +2 - Nissan Qashqai + 2 Thinking of Buying - SMARK

I was thinking of buying a 1-2 year old petrol qashqai +2 for my dogs as i like the boot room, driving position and space. However i've read some dire reviews of the car with numerous problems. I was wondering if anyone had an independent opinion (unlike the cut and paste what car, auto expres etc) opinion or even better experience of a +2 petrol model.

NIssan Qashqai +2 - Nissan Qashqai + 2 Thinking of Buying - Galaxy

I wouldn't dream of buying anything made by Nissan since they started using Renault electrics.

NIssan Qashqai +2 - Nissan Qashqai + 2 Thinking of Buying - barney100

My dog has loads of room in the Volvo V70, much more I suspect than she would in the Nissan.

NIssan Qashqai +2 - Nissan Qashqai + 2 Thinking of Buying - Smileyman

It's true that poor quality Renault electrics have been a source of multiple problems with my Primera, but I'm not sure if these problems have permeated across the Nissan range... or are specific to 'early' shared parts vehicles

I was thinking of the V70 having previously had a V50 but i quite like the driving position of the nissan. However looking at the list of issues with the car and the specific comments on the electrics it has made me think twice. Just about every car seems to have a list of issues that put doubt in your mind.Purchasing shouldn't feel like a lottery! I guess given sites like this one it is far easier for us to give feedback on problemsand so share issues with others.I also don't cover many miles and so petrol is my choice due to diesel filter issues with short journeys.

NIssan Qashqai +2 - Nissan Qashqai + 2 Thinking of Buying - Galaxy

You'd be better off buying a Honda CRV.

NIssan Qashqai +2 - Nissan Qashqai + 2 Thinking of Buying - Happy Blue!

Given the numbers of Qashais sold, I would have expected howls of anguish from the many owners of the electrical faults that have developed as a result of using Renault parts. As this has not been the case and the QQ is a very popular vehicle, why would someone not buy one if they wanted to?

There may be more suitable cars for the purpose of the OP, but many worse ones as well.

NIssan Qashqai +2 - Nissan Qashqai + 2 Thinking of Buying - Collos25

It's true that poor quality Renault electrics have been a source of multiple problems with my Primera, but I'm not sure if these problems have permeated across the Nissan range... or are specific to 'early' shared parts vehicles

Neither did Renault electrics have anything to do with the Primera so I do not know what problems you had that you can blame on Renault or has somebody told you a fairy story and you believed it.

Well a mixed response of the plus qashqai and con qashqai. It is good to have some feedback to my post.

I'm making a shortlist of tiguan, honda crv and qashqai+2. I really would like the volvo v70, but the driving position of the others plus the 4 x 4 option is pushing me towards the others.

I'm not buying new (1-2 yr old) so hope that any recalls/issues will have been sorted out.

NIssan Qashqai +2 - Nissan Qashqai + 2 Thinking of Buying - RT

Volvo has 4wd options as well, the XC90, XC70 and XC60 - there's also the Korean quartet of Hyundai Santa Fe / iX35 and Kia Sorento / Sportage - technically there's also Chevrolet and Vauxhall Korean-built SUVs but they really aren't up to Hyunda/Kia quality IMO.

Recalls aren't an issue - the biggest issues are the recurring faults that manufacturers WON'T accept liability for !!

I agree on the recalls and ongoing faults that the motor trade are too easily allowed to avoid.

My budget is £18k approx. I know i can buy a top of the range qashqai easily for £14k as my local dealer has a forecourt full of them, although the +2 is rarer, but still cheap compared to the volvo and santa fe. I did happen to drive a v6 sante fe a few year ago and it was pretty impressive.

Edited by SMARK on 25/08/2013 at 12:22

With that budget you'd get a good selection of top specification 2011 Santa Fe's, including 7-seat versions, all with the well regarded R-series 2.2 diesel with 194 bhp.

Diesel is no good to me as i do low miles. It has to be a petrol. Hyundai has no santa fe's according to their site save for a 2009 one.

I thought it was problematic selling my z4 and vectra, but buying.......

The Hyundai iX35 and sibling Kia Sportage still have petrol options - you might get a demonstrator or pre-reg with your budget then.

I'll take a look at the sportage and hyundai before making a decision, but there are no garages cloise to me unfortunately.

NIssan Qashqai +2 - Nissan Qashqai + 2 Thinking of Buying - groaver

Maybe a tad small in the back and the ride isn't to everyone's taste but a 5 door Suzuki Grand Vitara with the 2.4 petrol engine can be picked up cheaply a year old.

I got a 12 plate SZ5 for £12K with 5k miles on it.

I don't do lots of miles so fuel consumption is not a great concern (~30mpg) but it drives well enough for my needs.

I think the boot is too smallfor two dogs unfortunately. Sounds a good deal though!

Edited by SMARK on 25/08/2013 at 15:40

NIssan Qashqai +2 - Nissan Qashqai + 2 Thinking of Buying - xtrailman

I have a Mazda CX_5 175 now, but have owned four Nissans, two xtrails & two primeras.

I have never had any electrical problems other than a ECU replacement on my MK1 Primera bought when Nissan was purely Jap owned, and that only had to be replaced due to the prat that PDI it, he pressured washed the engine compartment, the car was a 10 month old ex managers car, water was everywhere all the plugs were swimming in it.

Although Renault car do have a bad name for electric problems i haven't had any with my cars since Renault were part owners, now they own only a tiny share of Nissan.

The problem with the Cashcow is really only if you buy new as the residuals are dire.

Its the most popular cross over made so the large number of cars on the market has pushed down prices.

So they are an excellent second hand buy, personally i would only buy a car with a turbo, but thats just my personal opinion, i had two Primera 2L petrol cars and at the time thought they were brilliant.

NIssan Qashqai +2 - Nissan Qashqai + 2 Thinking of Buying - greenhey

Think carefully before buying an SUV for transporting dogs.

Last year, my wife and I, and friends both bought cars having acquired dogs.

We got a mondeo estate, which has been brilliant.

They bought an X3. Their dog at one point had a £6k operation on its back legs , and can't now jump up very high without a risk . That happens a lot , especially as dogs like labs, get older. They have had to get a ramp for it to get in the car, because of the height of the back door.

The need for SUVs to have a lot of ground clearance means this is a widespread problem.

NIssan Qashqai +2 - Nissan Qashqai + 2 Thinking of Buying - Alby Back

"Think carefully before buying an SUV for transporting dogs."

Possibly good advice. Our dog gets car sick in my wife's SUV but is fine in my estate. ( whoever is driving ) I suspect the SUV ( a Qashqai incidentally ) is too roly poly on the corners for him.

Used to have a 4 x4 and lifted the dogs out. Like the "cashcow"! Well tomorrow it is qashqai, tiguan and crv for a test drive.

I also think the qashqai +2 is getting a facelift next year along with the murano and x trail so residuals will plummet even further.

NIssan Qashqai +2 - Nissan Qashqai + 2 Thinking of Buying - xtrailman

I would also test the 173ps xtrail.

NIssan Qashqai +2 - Nissan Qashqai + 2 Thinking of Buying - Collos25

The new Qashqai and VW large range were previewed in Autobild some weeks ago.

Well, i have decided to go for the tiguan petrol sport 180ps. Unfortunately, the garage only had diesels as petrols are few and far between and they are having to source me one. The diesel drove really well and better than the qashqai and cr-v and certainly more robust. However i was wondering if anyone had driven a petrol tiguan and anythoughts on it were. Any feedback would be very helpful.

NIssan Qashqai +2 - Nissan Qashqai + 2 Thinking of Buying - Avant

I think the reason for petrol Tiguans being few and far between is that, unusually, the petrol 2.0 costs more (new) than the diesel with the same equipment level.