vectra c 1.9 cdti 2004 z19dth - vectra c 1.9 cdti sri (not starting) - messa

Hi all ive got a vectra c 1.9 cdti for the past few days its been stugling to start or starting straight away,well its been somthing like this one time it will start first turn the next it will turn over for 3-4 seconds and itl sound as if the battery is going flat then if i turn the key back and try again it will turn over and start then itl struggle to start then itl start first time,this morning i went to the shop and it started first time turned it of and it started first time and then i went in to town and when i came back to it it turned over for liturally 3-4 seconds and sounded like the battery was going flat so i tryed again and it was just clicking nothing there so i got some one to jump me of with jump leads and that would not start the car nothing there so a couple of strapping young lads came and push me of and it started so i drove home 10 miles and when i got home i turned it of and tryed starting it again and there was nothing there so i got my wife to turn and hold the egnition on and i tapped the starter motor and seloniod on the side of it and it did then try for about a second now nothing just egnition lights............The light on the battery is green so to me the battery is ok i may be wrong i dont no im getting no battery light on on the dash no engine warning light not even the engine managment lights are coming on,only for about 3 minutes when i first get in the car an drive then it goes of but its not coming on when im driving it im not loosing any power when it does run it runs spot on only starting issues has anybody got any ideas or sufferd from simla symptems..........Thank you in advance for any help,glyn.....

Edited by messa on 22/08/2013 at 16:00

vectra c 1.9 cdti 2004 z19dth - vectra c 1.9 cdti sri (not starting) - messa

Sorted a brand new starter motor did trick,the old one was burnt out all the brushes and the contacts were well not good.